Windows 10: File Explorer...

Discus and support File Explorer... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello... I've noticed that I cannot use File Explorer as it used to work. Now, when I open a file, the contents are displayed, but won't stay in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dgk196, Mar 26, 2018.

1. dgk196 Win User

File Explorer...

Hello...

I've noticed that I cannot use File Explorer as it used to work. Now, when I open a file, the contents are displayed, but won't stay in position to be accessed. Unless what contents of the file is at a location that can be seen when the FE opens it won't stay when I scan to for a file location. It returns to the first data lists, be they folders or component names. If for instance, I am looking for a component in a file that starts with the letter 'Z', I can go there, but as soon as I release the mouse or attempt to manipulate it (copy, etc...) it returns to 'A' or the first folders in the list.

Dennis *Huh

:)

dgk196, Mar 26, 2018

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Mar 26, 2018
  3. Win 10 - File Explorer Crashes

Hello MSFT Support,

Where have you gone?...this is a major issue for many loyal customers but as you can tell frustration is setting in with many in the lack of direction from Microsoft. I feel like we are trying various home remedies when the problem is with Microsoft File
    Explorer which we rely on being stable and available.

Having us go to SafeMode is not a solution, also you could create more problems for customers in that BitLocker may come into play, which doesn't appear to be easy way to suspend this in non-Enterprise versions of Win10 before rebooting into SafeMode.

Please give us some direction or when the fix will be implemented?

It would be a real shame if you lose loyal customers to Apple or Google but lack of leadership here may steer many in that direction.

Best Regards!

File Explorer Crash Headaches, Mar 26, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer...

1. File Explorer... - Similar Threads - File Explorer

2. File explorer crashes whenever I right click on a file. If I left click it opens fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer crashes whenever I right click on a file. If I left click it opens fine.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jorda_jorda [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e92tl6/file_explorer_crashes_whenever_i_right_click_on_a/
  3. File Explorer Create date attribute

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Create date attribute: When I change a file create date to any date before 1980, File Explorer does not show the date attribute and sorting by date does not work. I am using Bulk File Changer or Attribute Changer to change the attribute. I believe this is a bug....
  4. File Explorer 1909

File Explorer 1909: 1. If you use File Explorer to Open a document whose application has an Auto-Save feature and you leave File Explorer minimized then when the Auto-Save runs File Explorer will be hung. At that point if you use Task Manager to Restart the system will hang part way through....
  5. File Explorer never finishes searches

File Explorer never finishes searches: Yet another issue to add to the list of everything that's been reported with 1909's search function. No matter what I've searched for, I get about 99% through a search and results are displayed, but the green bar never reaches the end AND my HDD light is contantly active...
  6. File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization

File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization: In File Explorer, I have put my photos in folders according to the subject. Do I have to do this all over again in the Photos app for Windows 10, in order to get the folder contents from Explorer into albums in the Photos app? Also, any recommendations for an affordable...
  7. Hidden File Explorer app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden File Explorer app: Hi, i have a question about a hidden file exploer app (explorer shell:AppsFolder\c5e2524a-ea46-4f67-841f-6a9465d9d515_cw5n1h2txyewy!App) is this going to be used in future or the project is cancelled and this is just a trash left from full app?...
  8. File Explorer - Creating new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Creating new folders: Windows 1909 and before. Issue: When I try to create a new folder in File Explorer I can only type one letter then File Explorer acts like I pressed enter. For example if I Create a try to creater called " File Explorer will only let me create a folder called "j" The work...
  9. Windows 10 Dark Mode for File Explorer ONLY ?

Windows 10 Dark Mode for File Explorer ONLY ?: Hi, is it possible to change only File Explorer in Windows 10 to dark mode? It is possible to change the "default app mode" however this changes a number of apps throughout installed on the machine...
  10. File Explorer View Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer View Questions: When looking at a drive or folder, a grotty great apparently unremovable & unresizable panel appears on the right. It contains no information I need, takes up way too much screen space, and makes it all but impossible to look at two folders, drives, etc. at once to evaluate...