Windows 10: File Explorer...

Discus and support File Explorer... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello... I've noticed that I cannot use File Explorer as it used to work. Now, when I open a file, the contents are displayed, but won't stay in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dgk196, Mar 26, 2018.

1. dgk196 Win User

File Explorer...

Hello...

I've noticed that I cannot use File Explorer as it used to work. Now, when I open a file, the contents are displayed, but won't stay in position to be accessed. Unless what contents of the file is at a location that can be seen when the FE opens it won't stay when I scan to for a file location. It returns to the first data lists, be they folders or component names. If for instance, I am looking for a component in a file that starts with the letter 'Z', I can go there, but as soon as I release the mouse or attempt to manipulate it (copy, etc...) it returns to 'A' or the first folders in the list.

Dennis *Huh

:)

dgk196, Mar 26, 2018

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Mar 26, 2018
  3. Win 10 - File Explorer Crashes

Hello MSFT Support,

Where have you gone?...this is a major issue for many loyal customers but as you can tell frustration is setting in with many in the lack of direction from Microsoft. I feel like we are trying various home remedies when the problem is with Microsoft File
    Explorer which we rely on being stable and available.

Having us go to SafeMode is not a solution, also you could create more problems for customers in that BitLocker may come into play, which doesn't appear to be easy way to suspend this in non-Enterprise versions of Win10 before rebooting into SafeMode.

Please give us some direction or when the fix will be implemented?

It would be a real shame if you lose loyal customers to Apple or Google but lack of leadership here may steer many in that direction.

Best Regards!

File Explorer Crash Headaches, Mar 26, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer...

1. File Explorer... - Similar Threads - File Explorer

2. File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...: I tried all the fixes suggested online, but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-folders-andor-tabs-are-not-restored/b66f1254-4f39-400f-81bd-f8b32b7e2112
  3. File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer folders and/or tabs are not restored after I restart my computer. This is...: I tried all the fixes suggested online, but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-folders-andor-tabs-are-not-restored/b66f1254-4f39-400f-81bd-f8b32b7e2112
  4. Bin files keep opening in internet explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bin files keep opening in internet explorer: How do I get them to open in a new location? submitted by /u/NSipe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1cd4lip/bin_files_keep_opening_in_internet_explorer/
  5. Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...: Hello, I had to reinstall my windows on a 1TB SSD and before it could see the drive just fine. Now when I reinstalled it, it does show my internal HDD but I can't access any of its files. Disk management says its a 2TB drive with assigned letter and name. It also says that...
  6. Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...: Hello, I had to reinstall my windows on a 1TB SSD and before it could see the drive just fine. Now when I reinstalled it, it does show my internal HDD but I can't access any of its files. Disk management says its a 2TB drive with assigned letter and name. It also says that...
  7. Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...

8. Windows 11 23.04.2024 update - File explorer address bar has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 23.04.2024 update - File explorer address bar has disappeared: After the update from 04.23.2024 Windows 23H2, the address bar disappeared. Tabs are also not displayed when you click the "+" sigHow can I fix it?...
  9. Windows 11 23.04.2024 update - File explorer address bar has disappeared

Windows 11 23.04.2024 update - File explorer address bar has disappeared: After the update from 04.23.2024 Windows 23H2, the address bar disappeared. Tabs are also not displayed when you click the "+" sigHow can I fix it?...
  10. how to turn off a file explorer filter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to turn off a file explorer filter: Windows 10 enterprise22H2I have one folder in file explorer that is filtering by date modified. I can not find a way to get this folder display all dates by default. I have tried unchecking the "select a date or date range" box that opens when you click on the date modified...