Windows 10: File explorer

Discus and support File explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I was taking a windows 10 tutorial and made a mistake using file explorer. I opened file explorer from the start menu and under pinned I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David620, Oct 20, 2019.

1. David620 Win User

File explorer

Hi. I was taking a windows 10 tutorial and made a mistake using file explorer.

I opened file explorer from the start menu and under pinned I right-clicked "Pictures" Remove from this list.

Pictures still shows under Pinned but now when I left click it I get a message saying "The item you selected is unavailable. it might have been moved renamed or removed. Do you want to remove it from the list"

Also, now when I click file explorer on the task bar "Pictures" is no longer under "Quick Access" or "Frequent Windows"

Does anyone know how I can restore this properly?

Thanks

:)

David620, Oct 20, 2019
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Oct 20, 2019
  4. File explorer

File Explorer

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on view option.
    • Click on preview panel to turn it Off and On.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

File explorer

1. File explorer - Similar Threads - File explorer

2. System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?: So i just recently cloned my ssd to another one and now there is a system drive labeled as F in my file explore and i get denied acess to it. I have tried to use diskpart to remove the letter but it only does is temporaily beacause as soon as i restart my computer its back to...
  3. System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?: So i just recently cloned my ssd to another one and now there is a system drive labeled as F in my file explore and i get denied acess to it. I have tried to use diskpart to remove the letter but it only does is temporaily beacause as soon as i restart my computer its back to...
  4. System Drive is being labeled in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...: My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I have java downloded Can soemone help Plz its only minecraft filles scheamticas...
  6. My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...

My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...: My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I have java downloded Can soemone help Plz its only minecraft filles scheamticas...
  7. How to create shortcuts in different ways other then file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create shortcuts in different ways other then file explorer: Hi!I need help,I need to create a shortcut for MCAFEE AV antivirus, Microsoft edge, and VMware Workstation 17 - a virtual machine platform that runs windows - mac - linuxI'm running windows 11I am unable to find them at file explorer nor start, However they are installed as i...
  8. How to create shortcuts in different ways other then file explorer

How to create shortcuts in different ways other then file explorer: Hi!I need help,I need to create a shortcut for MCAFEE AV antivirus, Microsoft edge, and VMware Workstation 17 - a virtual machine platform that runs windows - mac - linuxI'm running windows 11I am unable to find them at file explorer nor start, However they are installed as i...
  9. How do i delete File that wont show up anywhere in windows and File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i delete File that wont show up anywhere in windows and File Explorer: I have an Alienware Aurora R10 with a 500GB SSD and one day I noticed, despite not having much on the drive, it was nearly full with only 13GB left so I went and looked at the system storage to see why, maybe I was downloading more than I thought, and at first that seemed to...
  10. How do i delete File that wont show up anywhere in windows and File Explorer

How do i delete File that wont show up anywhere in windows and File Explorer: I have an Alienware Aurora R10 with a 500GB SSD and one day I noticed, despite not having much on the drive, it was nearly full with only 13GB left so I went and looked at the system storage to see why, maybe I was downloading more than I thought, and at first that seemed to...