Windows 10: File Explorer

Discus and support File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My File Explorer on Windows 10 is not working. As a result, I can't access any of my files. All other programs that do not need to use file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dumi_706, Jan 14, 2021 at 4:27 AM.

1. Dumi_706 Win User

File Explorer

Hi,

My File Explorer on Windows 10 is not working. As a result, I can't access any of my files. All other programs that do not need to use file explorer are working. If I click the file explorer icon, nothing happens. I can access my documents if I load them via MS word, otherwise I can't access any other files.

I have tried restarting it in task manager, and my computer refuses to start in safe made - it shows the following error: "The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors - File:\Windows\System32\drivers\usbehcisys Error code: 0xc0000098.

Please advise on how I can fix it. I do not have a restore point saved on my computer so my system restore options are limited... I think.

:)

2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

4. File Explorer

File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 14, 2021 at 4:32 AM
Thema:

File Explorer

1. File Explorer - Similar Threads - File Explorer

2. Cannot access any files on Windows 10. File Explorer is not working at all.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access any files on Windows 10. File Explorer is not working at all.: I've recently run into a problem where I am unable to access any files on my computer. Whether it be: Uploading a file onto a browser -> Browser freezes then crashes Opening File Explorer -> Opens, then proceeds to show "Not Responding" message Clicking "Show file...
  3. File Explorer

File Explorer: I noticed that a problem arose on 18JAN21 when trying to open File Explorer. The icon indicates that it is running, however it doesn't display on my desktop. I've already tried uninstalling the display driver and restarting my computer but nothing happened. I've also looked...
  4. Remembering File Explorer views in each folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remembering File Explorer views in each folder?: Is there a utility that can remember your customized views of various folders and keep them persistent across time? For example, I dislike being given the "Type" field in the detailed view of File Explorer, since I have Explorer set to show filename extensions, and I usually...
  5. space in file explorer went down by about 11 gb in overnight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    space in file explorer went down by about 11 gb in overnight: so yesterday file explorer said my hard drive hat 35 gb left, and i just checked it again this morning while logging on to online school and for some reason it is now on 45.9 gb left. Im kinda happy that i have so much more free space i guess, but its kinda strange, and i...
  6. File Explorer Search never ends

File Explorer Search never ends: File Explorer Search cannot find the file and never ends. I'm searching files containing a particular word in a folder containing a total of 5704 files with a total size of 1.44 GB and sub-folders. It never finishes....
  7. Enabling Long Path to Allow Files with Long Names in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling Long Path to Allow Files with Long Names in Windows 10 File Explorer: I’ve done the fixes suggested by the Microsoft Community: Setting the registry key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\LongPathsEnabled Type: REG_DWORD to 1 Adding Enable Win32 long paths in the Local Computer Policy: Computer...
  8. Selecting multiples files and/or a range of files in Widows 10 File Explorer stops working...

Selecting multiples files and/or a range of files in Widows 10 File Explorer stops working...: I am having similar problems with Windows 10 File Explorer, in that being able to select multiples files and/or a range of files "STOPS" working after doing it for a while. It seems to be occurring in the past year or so in Windows 10, but I never saw it in Windows XP, 7 or...
  9. File Explorer crashes when opening folder/file from OneDrive

File Explorer crashes when opening folder/file from OneDrive: File Explorer crashes freezes on click or right-click folder/file from OneDrive. It works fine on other Windows users. I have already tried: reseting the OD reinstalling the OD System File Checker turning off the detail/preview pane off Any more ideas?...
  10. Preview Pane not working in File Explorer

Preview Pane not working in File Explorer: What can be the reason that at the same folder I can see a preview of some doc's and pdf files, and some of them after click on the file, I can't see the preview at the preview pane. Please your help. Thanks Orna...