Windows 10: file explorer

Discus and support file explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why when I am in File Explorer and I try to open a file in my user, I get a message that I am not authorized? 51294 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PUDDLER, May 24, 2016.

1. PUDDLER Win User

file explorer

Why when I am in File Explorer and I try to open a file in my user, I get a message that I am not authorized?

:)

PUDDLER, May 24, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, May 24, 2016
  3. Win 10 - File Explorer Crashes

Hello MSFT Support,

Where have you gone?...this is a major issue for many loyal customers but as you can tell frustration is setting in with many in the lack of direction from Microsoft. I feel like we are trying various home remedies when the problem is with Microsoft File
    Explorer which we rely on being stable and available.

Having us go to SafeMode is not a solution, also you could create more problems for customers in that BitLocker may come into play, which doesn't appear to be easy way to suspend this in non-Enterprise versions of Win10 before rebooting into SafeMode.

Please give us some direction or when the fix will be implemented?

It would be a real shame if you lose loyal customers to Apple or Google but lack of leadership here may steer many in that direction.

Best Regards!

File Explorer Crash Headaches, May 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

file explorer

Hello, I imagine you have a permissions problem.

Try Tweaking.com's repair tool (free), only use the repairs you need- it includes several related to permissions. Observe its recommendations as to caution.

And when all is well, if you haven't yet done so, start creating disk images routinely, which will often help you recover from problems quickly without tech help. (E.g. Macrium Reflect free is often recommended here).

dalchina, May 24, 2016
Thema:

file explorer

1. file explorer - Similar Threads - file explorer

2. When i try to move a file to other folder, windows explorer crashs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When i try to move a file to other folder, windows explorer crashs: i dont know why this happening Problem happening: https://youtu.be/5mTaOlUzORs sorry for my english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-move-a-file-to-other-folder-windows/ef41e85e-79a8-4c49-bb0b-dafacfe96d38
  3. File Explorer No Longer Auto-Searching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer No Longer Auto-Searching: Before my computer was forced to update (after being spammed every hour to update), I could type anything to the search bar of file explorer and it would begin searching. Now, instead, I have to press enter or click the search button for the search to begin. Is this a bug...
  4. Windows 10 file explorer.

Windows 10 file explorer.: [ATTACH] Hi i recently had to re-install windows 10 and after i have the file explorer shows up in this weird format. Any idea how to get it back to normal? Looked everywhere but got nowhere....
  5. File Explorer border missing - Go to Settings, Color, Title bars and window borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer border missing - Go to Settings, Color, Title bars and window borders: File Explorer border missing - To fix... Go to Settings, Color, Title bars and window borders, check mark the box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-border-missing-go-to-settings-color/991a3586-c03c-4eab-bf5c-928ff0838c01
  6. File Explorer STILL not opening

File Explorer STILL not opening: Greetings, File Explorer has not been opening for at least a month. I have followed Microsoft's given steps in Fix File Explorer if it won't open or start multiple times with no success. Has anyone found a solution? Thanks, Matt...
  7. How do I stop the file explorer previews from changing size dynamically as the number of...

How do I stop the file explorer previews from changing size dynamically as the number of...: I have a lot of file explorer windows open I want to delete them all except the first one I hover over the file explorer icon in the toolbar Previews of all the open windows appears I move my cursor to the top right of one of the windows and click on the X That window...
  8. Downloads Folder on Files Explorer Crashes After I Fiddled with it

Downloads Folder on Files Explorer Crashes After I Fiddled with it: I initially wanted to reroute downloads from disk C to disk D and tried to reroute auto downloads to a different disks. I changed the location of the downloads shortcut on the tool bar under "My PC" but it crashed. Now, when I left click, it cannot open and instead displays a...
  9. Win 10, any way to make File Explorer only list drives? I.e. remove those custom folders.

Win 10, any way to make File Explorer only list drives? I.e. remove those custom folders.: I was hoping to remove the custom folders in Explorer. Actually I'd like to get rid of Quick Access, 3D Objects, Desktop, Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos. I mean, just them displaying in Explorer at the start. I don't intend to delete them on their actual folder path...
  10. what kind of file is this? it comes up as an application file in windows explorer?

what kind of file is this? it comes up as an application file in windows explorer?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ahsanm1234 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jjr2t4/what_kind_of_file_is_this_it_comes_up_as_an/