Windows 10: File Explorer

Discus and support File Explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to filter within file explorer by file Name and date modified at the same time? I've tried google and found no resolution, its either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WannabeDataNerd, Jun 10, 2021 at 5:47 PM.

1. File Explorer

Is there a way to filter within file explorer by file Name and date modified at the same time? I've tried google and found no resolution, its either other.

submitted by /u/WannabeDataNerd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WannabeDataNerd, Jun 10, 2021 at 5:47 PM
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

4. File Explorer

File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 10, 2021 at 5:49 PM
Thema:

File Explorer

1. File Explorer - Similar Threads - File Explorer

2. Suddenly can't rename files in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suddenly can't rename files in Explorer: About two weeks ago I started to notice that I sometimes can't rename files in Explorer. I would try to alter a filename like "datafile.txt" to "Datafile.txt" but upon hitting the return key it would revert to the original name.If I change the name to "Ddatafile.txt", hit...
  3. Certain folder in File Explorer keeps refreshing upon opening

Certain folder in File Explorer keeps refreshing upon opening: I have a particular folder in my PC that I open frequently, which contains 20GB of large-sized DSLR photographs. Every time I open the folder, the photos are sorted to a default arrangement before taking a few seconds to refresh and revert back to the sorting arrangement I...
  4. file explorer app gets crashed when i select a video or some times when i open a folder.

file explorer app gets crashed when i select a video or some times when i open a folder.: I tried sfc /scannow and restorehelth methods but didnt resolve the problem. i found out this- Fault Module Name: mfmp4srcsnk.dll Fault Module Version: 10.0.19041.906....
  5. File explorer crash

File explorer crash: Sometimes, when I click on search box in file explorer, it doesn't take any input and the blinking cursor gets freezed. And, then file explorer becomes not responding. It then only gets fixed, when I click on search of taskbar. And, then I can search. This happens 1 or, 2...
  6. File explorer search history and program logs

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer search history and program logs: Dear all When I use Search in File Explorer, Windows stores / logs the search history. 1. Is there a place in Windows, where I can see timestamp / when I have made a search in file explorer? 2. Is there a place in Windows, where I can see when I have opened a program, for...
  7. File explorer search history and program logs

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer search history and program logs: Dear all When I use Search in File Explorer, Windows stores / logs the search history.1.Is there a place in Windows, where I can see when I have made a search in file explorer?2.Is there a place in Windows, where I can see when I have opened a program, for example Google...
  8. OneDrive doesn't show Sync status in File Explorer after installing Dropbox

OneDrive doesn't show Sync status in File Explorer after installing Dropbox: So I installed Dropbox app for syncing my files to my PC but after that OneDrive doesn't show its sync status, only dropbox shows its sync status. To confirm this, I uninstalled Dropbox and right after that OneDrive was showing sync status again and when I installed dropbox...
  9. W10's File Explorer gets stuck "100% Complete" when copying files.

W10's File Explorer gets stuck "100% Complete" when copying files.: https://i.postimg.cc/VzMM8TsK/Copy-Files-Stuck100.gif for my screen shot/capture.Why does this happen? It doesn't matter which the drives new SSD and old [internal and external] SATA 5400 RPM HDDs, NTFS and exFAT in my two weeks old, updated 64-bit W10 Pro. PC. It never...
  10. File explorer Nag - why stop at error or problem - continue on please

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer Nag - why stop at error or problem - continue on please: Hi there Was copying around 500GB of files via File explorer between 2 HDD;s. OK system said would take around 20 - 25 mins - so OK I went away to do something else. 40 mins mins later I came back to computer -- the wretched thing had stopped copying after 2 mins with error...