Windows 10: File explorer

Discus and support File explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello, i have getting some problem when opening file explorer and any folder. So, i'm using Windows 10 home current version. this happen everywhere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by raquibraihan, Jun 21, 2021.

1. File explorer

hello, i have getting some problem when opening file explorer and any folder. So, i'm using Windows 10 home current version. this happen everywhere when opening file explorer and folder. Seems like its getting freeze. It takes couple of minutes to go another page. So this is very disturbing for me. I tried many ways, but its not working and happening same thing. If anyone have a better solution to make it fast, please let me know

:)

raquibraihan, Jun 21, 2021
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jun 21, 2021
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jun 21, 2021
  4. File explorer

File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

File explorer

1. File explorer - Similar Threads - File explorer

2. File Explorer Folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Folder view: Has there been a solution to the age old problem of the File Explorer Folder view randomly changing? 183414
  3. Auto-shrinking dialog box in file explorer when I right click on a folder and chose "Share"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto-shrinking dialog box in file explorer when I right click on a folder and chose "Share": This only happens with OneDrive for Business and sync'd SharePoint foldersHere is the option I'm refering to-Here is a view of the dialog box after it mysteriously automatically shrinks right before my eyesDon't tell me its a virus thats doing this! Help!Does not happen on...
  4. My File Explorer opens, but I can only see the preview when hovering over the icon

My File Explorer opens, but I can only see the preview when hovering over the icon: When I press to open File Explorer, it opens up but I can't see it. If I then hover over the File Explorer icon, it shows a preview of my File Explorer, but when I click on it to maximize the view, nothing happens. I've tried common methods to fixing File Explorer but nothing...
  5. Hide the username in file explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hide the username in file explorer: Ok so basically this is a simple one but I somehow coudlnt find a solution to this...How can I hide the full name of my Windows Profile in the upper left corner of the file Explorer? I plan to record some stuff and I dont want people to see my real name...
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer and Office 2016 applications "Not Implemented" error.

Windows 10 File Explorer and Office 2016 applications "Not Implemented" error.: Windows 10 File Explorer - If I double click to open an office file word, xls, powerpoint, or if I right click on the file and click "open with" and select the appropriate app to open the file, I get a "Not Implemented" error message. However if I open word, xls or powerpoint...
  7. File Explorer

File Explorer: When I attempt to delete a file using Microsoft File Explorer, the system will not delete the file and the Explorer program shuts down and returns me to the Desktop. Any idea what I can do?...
  8. Sync file explorer and sharepoint on multiple devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sync file explorer and sharepoint on multiple devices: Hi All, I want to sync my sharepoint to my file explorer in such a way that I can access my files on sharepoint via my file explorer. I have now managed to sync my sharepoint to my file explorer but I am wondering if I now log on to another laptop if it is automatically...
  9. How to restore left sidebar in File Explorer?

How to restore left sidebar in File Explorer?: The left sidebar in File Explorer has been changed accidentally on my PC. I don't know what actions happened. Also, I have tried to return the previous version. Can someone help me in this situation? What I want is to restore the sidebar in File Explorer from the current...
  10. File Explorer not responding correctly.

File Explorer not responding correctly.: It happened when I finished downloading Clip Studio Paint Pro EXIf I open File Explorer for the 1st time after turning on my computer, it loads files very slowly it doesn't even finish loading and none of the image icons pop up anymore.If I open File Explorer for a 2nd time,...