Windows 10: file explorere search still doesn't work correctly.

Discus and support file explorere search still doesn't work correctly. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I use file explorer to search through my documents and it doesn't find all the relevant files. What is really annoying is when it fails to find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bill_630, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Bill_630 Win User

file explorere search still doesn't work correctly.

I use file explorer to search through my documents and it doesn't find all the relevant files. What is really annoying is when it fails to find the file by the file's name. Even when I put in the full name with extension, it will not find the file. The tool hasn't worked correctly for many years.

When I do a search, the tool does find relevant files; but not all relevant files. So, whoever's testing the code, you need to be a lot more proactive.

I use the Lookeen search product instead because it works.

:)

Bill_630, Jul 12, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

file explorere search still doesn't work correctly. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

Hi Graham,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to run the 'Internet Explorer Performance' troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type 'Troubleshooting' in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on the top left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance and follow the on screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 12, 2019
  4. file explorere search still doesn't work correctly.

Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

It is now 6 weeks since I upgraded to 10 and Windows Edge still does not work correctly.

I cannot download anything with Edge (or ie11). It includes all sites eg, Microsoft, Logitech, Epson etc.

Dynamic links do not work and it doesn`t remember my log-in details although it asks if I want it to remember them.

Favourites do not get put on the favourites bar although I click on that option.

I have done all the advice I`ve been given, ie disable anti-virus etc.

Why do they have a Windows support tile if it doesn`t work?

Can anybody help me?

Graham Laughlan, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

file explorere search still doesn't work correctly.

1. file explorere search still doesn't work correctly. - Similar Threads - file explorere search

2. File Explorer not searching correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not searching correctly.: About two weeks ago I noticed File Explorer was not searching. I use windows 11.I noted if I entered a single letter eg E then it gave many results, most did not have a highlighted E but I assume somewhere in the selected file there must have been an E. If I enter two digits...
  3. File Explorer not searching correctly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer not searching correctly.: About two weeks ago I noticed File Explorer was not searching. I use windows 11.I noted if I entered a single letter eg E then it gave many results, most did not have a highlighted E but I assume somewhere in the selected file there must have been an E. If I enter two digits...
  4. File Explorere change in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorere change in Windows 11: In Windows 11, is there a way to change the default folder destination for edited copies of files to be the folder in which the original file being edited is stored - just like it was in Windows 10 and I believe every version prior to 11?...
  5. File SEARCH not working correctly - WIN 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File SEARCH not working correctly - WIN 11 pro: I put in a keyword and a file I am sure exists....no hits. I do an alphabetical search, and I find it. Was Excel file if that matters.I ran the embedded Troubleshooter, to no avail....
  6. Search function in File Explorer is not working correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search function in File Explorer is not working correctly: step to reproduce: 1, in any folder, create a file named "ConfigurationManager.txt" 2, search "manager" 3, result is nothing how can I fix this?...
  7. Mouse doesn't work correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse doesn't work correctly: My mouse doesn't seem to respond to movement or clicks. Although it is lit up, nothing seems to be responding. A quick solution to this is unplugging and replugging it back in but there is a good chance it won't work in twenty minutes and I would have to unplug and replug...
  8. Search not working correctly

in Cortana
    Search not working correctly: Hello everyone I'm having a problem with a search bar in win10. I just did a clean windows install and noticed that the search bar doesn't find some of the things I'm looking for. For example, if I searched for "sound" or "remove" before reinstalling windows, the search...
  9. Still doesn't work!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Still doesn't work!: My PC still shuts down at 20% It didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/still-doesnt-work/e294e260-d1b2-4b28-95ad-9105465a1f7c
  10. Search Not Working Correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Not Working Correctly: Hi, My search box doesnt seem to be working correctly. When i seach for my files, nothing appears unless i click search my stuff > Other place to look > File explorer. Its fine when searching for apps such as Word or Edge. I've tried rebuilding my index and what not...