Windows 10: file explorere search still doesn't work correctly.

Discus and support file explorere search still doesn't work correctly. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I use file explorer to search through my documents and it doesn't find all the relevant files. What is really annoying is when it fails to find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bill_630, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Bill_630 Win User

file explorere search still doesn't work correctly.

I use file explorer to search through my documents and it doesn't find all the relevant files. What is really annoying is when it fails to find the file by the file's name. Even when I put in the full name with extension, it will not find the file. The tool hasn't worked correctly for many years.

When I do a search, the tool does find relevant files; but not all relevant files. So, whoever's testing the code, you need to be a lot more proactive.

I use the Lookeen search product instead because it works.

:)

Bill_630, Jul 12, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

file explorere search still doesn't work correctly. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

Hi Graham,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to run the 'Internet Explorer Performance' troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type 'Troubleshooting' in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on the top left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance and follow the on screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 12, 2019
  4. file explorere search still doesn't work correctly.

Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

It is now 6 weeks since I upgraded to 10 and Windows Edge still does not work correctly.

I cannot download anything with Edge (or ie11). It includes all sites eg, Microsoft, Logitech, Epson etc.

Dynamic links do not work and it doesn`t remember my log-in details although it asks if I want it to remember them.

Favourites do not get put on the favourites bar although I click on that option.

I have done all the advice I`ve been given, ie disable anti-virus etc.

Why do they have a Windows support tile if it doesn`t work?

Can anybody help me?

Graham Laughlan, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

file explorere search still doesn't work correctly.

1. file explorere search still doesn't work correctly. - Similar Threads - file explorere search

2. Windows search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows search doesn't work: Hello Microsoft, Is there an update in the works for your file search function? It is absolutely terrible at the moment - even when I type in the exact file name in Explorer search, it can't find it! The OS is otherwise solid, but this is a massive, massive fail. I'm...
  3. Cortana Search not working correctly

in Cortana
    Cortana Search not working correctly: So, for a couple days my cortana search is not working correctly. When I have it set to the icon, if I have another application focused, clicking on the cortana icon to search will not bring up cortana. Only way to bring up cortana after pressing the icon, is to go into an...
  4. Finger tutch doesn't works correctly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Finger tutch doesn't works correctly.: Finger tutch doesn't works correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-tutch-doesnt-works-correctly/5939befa-5337-40da-bf70-2507ae30b7f9
  5. start menu search not working correctly

in Cortana
    start menu search not working correctly: Number (1) was my original post, which I thought had been solved. Number (2) is where I stand right now. (1) Windows search Best Match has become defective. For instance, when I used to type "scree", my screenshots folder would be at the top of the best match results. Now...
  6. Still doesn't work!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Still doesn't work!: My PC still shuts down at 20% It didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/still-doesnt-work/e294e260-d1b2-4b28-95ad-9105465a1f7c
  7. Native Mail App not searching correctly - doesn't seem to be indexed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Native Mail App not searching correctly - doesn't seem to be indexed: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 1803. I'm running mail version 16005.11001.20083.0. I don't see an option under control panel indexing for it. I have reindexed my computer - still no luck....
  8. Search bar in windows file explorer doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Search bar in windows file explorer doesn't work: The search bar in my files explorer won't actually search anything, just to make it clear it isn't the search bar on the left but the smaller one on the right that won't actually do anything/highlight anything Screenshot - ae72785c768d4df8a79ce4627f494350 - Gyazo I used...
  9. Search Not Working Correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Not Working Correctly: Hi, My search box doesnt seem to be working correctly. When i seach for my files, nothing appears unless i click search my stuff > Other place to look > File explorer. Its fine when searching for apps such as Word or Edge. I've tried rebuilding my index and what not...
  10. Search the web and Windows not working correctly.

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and Windows not working correctly.: Computer: HP Elite 8000 C2D E8400 Win 10 64 Bit 4GB RAM Windows 10 upgrade from Win7 installed. Have installed Office 10 and Chrome. Microsoft edge default browser. Problem: When I click the "Search the web and Windows " box I get "We can't connect to web search right...