Windows 10: file explorer's frequent folders quantity

Discus and support file explorer's frequent folders quantity in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; is it possible to change the File Explorer's Frequent Folders maximum to 20 (or any other number)? 119675 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hkatlady, Oct 11, 2018.

1. hkatlady Win User

file explorer's frequent folders quantity

is it possible to change the File Explorer's Frequent Folders maximum to 20 (or any other number)?

:)

hkatlady, Oct 11, 2018

2. How to pin a folder to the pinned File Explorer's frequent list?

How to pin a folder to the pinned File Explorer's frequent list?

DebroopGoswami, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 11, 2018
  4. file explorer's frequent folders quantity

Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

file explorer's frequent folders quantity

1. file explorer's frequent folders quantity - Similar Threads - file explorer's frequent

2. File Explorer frequently stops responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer frequently stops responding: Consistently, when i access certain files, usually ones a couple folders in, my file explorer will stop responding and do nothing until restarted.I have read a lot of readily available help, suggesting things like "sfc/scannow" in cmd or a system health check in powershell,...
  3. File Explorer frequently stops responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer frequently stops responding: Consistently, when i access certain files, usually ones a couple folders in, my file explorer will stop responding and do nothing until restarted.I have read a lot of readily available help, suggesting things like "sfc/scannow" in cmd or a system health check in powershell,...
  4. File Explorer frequently stops responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Downloads folder frequently hangs in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads folder frequently hangs in Explorer: I have a Dell laptop which came with Windows 11 preinstalledAn issue I've had since the start is that the Downloads folder often hangs when I open it in explorer. It can take about 2 minutes before explorer responds again.Today the issue occurred once after using Explorer to...
  6. Downloads folder frequently hangs in Explorer

Downloads folder frequently hangs in Explorer: I have a Dell laptop which came with Windows 11 preinstalledAn issue I've had since the start is that the Downloads folder often hangs when I open it in explorer. It can take about 2 minutes before explorer responds again.Today the issue occurred once after using Explorer to...
  7. print quantity problem

print quantity problem: After an on online business, I asked to print pages 1-2 of 3 on both sides. After the first pages 1 and, 2, well printed, it then printed all pages, total 6 times before I turned printer off. It printed 1 and 2 on the same paper each time, 3 a waste on one side..What...
  8. Windows Explorer Frequent Folders and Recent Files

Windows Explorer Frequent Folders and Recent Files: 4-6 weeks ago, folders listed in Quick Access / Frequent Folders disappeared, leaving only Desktop, Downloads, Documents and Folders. All Quick Access / Recent Files disappeared entirely. I suspect an automatic update is the culprit. I have searched high and low for a...
  9. Frequent folders & recent files

Frequent folders & recent files: Is it possible to prevent Windows Explorer from showing data from an external hard drive in these places? Alternatively, can these items be hidden or deleted?...
  10. File Explorer Opening Randomly and Frequently

File Explorer Opening Randomly and Frequently: Title says it all. I was playing a game the other day when I noticed that there were no borders, so my mouse cursor would go to my second monitor while I was playing. This could be unrelated, but I thought it started happening after this, and it might have been caused by me...