Windows 10: File Explorer's Play all command stopped working

Discus and support File Explorer's Play all command stopped working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; File Explorer's Play all command stopped working with folders that contain flac files. Returns error message "Unable to find a playable file".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gelund, May 9, 2019.

1. gelund Win User

File Explorer's Play all command stopped working

File Explorer's Play all command stopped working with folders that contain flac files. Returns error message "Unable to find a playable file". Double-clicking in a file in the same folder successfully plays the file.

:)

gelund, May 9, 2019

2. File Explorer stopped working,

this does not work and i can not open Command Prompt (Admin)

aurelio arellano, May 9, 2019
  3. File Explorer stopped working,

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the file explorer stops responding. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise when some of the Windows components or applications gets corrupted. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under process tab, locate Windows Explorer.
    • Right Click Windows Explorer and select End Task.
    • Now select on File tab and click Run Task.
    • Type explorer.exe and press ok.
    • Check if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    perform SFC scan and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

System File Checker (SFC) is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

• Press the Windows button + X on your keyboard, a mini dialogue box will appear.

2. Choose Command Prompt (Admin). You must run the command prompt in Administrator level.

3. On the command prompt type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

4. If everything went okay and no errors were found, restart your computer and see if the issue re-occurs.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 9, 2019
  4. File Explorer's Play all command stopped working

File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 9, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer's Play all command stopped working

1. File Explorer's Play all command stopped working - Similar Threads - File Explorer's Play

2. My windows Search Bar, File Explorer search all stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows Search Bar, File Explorer search all stopped working: Hello guys, my pc ran into that blue screen error. When I restart, none of the searches is working.When I click on the search bar, it doesn't load.When I click on the windows icon and then search, the window just minimizes.On File Explorer, if I click and want to type...
  3. My windows Search Bar, File Explorer search all stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows Search Bar, File Explorer search all stopped working: Hello guys, my pc ran into that blue screen error. When I restart, none of the searches is working.When I click on the search bar, it doesn't load.When I click on the windows icon and then search, the window just minimizes.On File Explorer, if I click and want to type...
  4. Explorer "Close all windows" completely stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer "Close all windows" completely stopped working: All of a sudden, when I have multiple File Explorer windows open, right clicking the "Close All Windows" button does nothing at all. This started about two weeks ago. I've run SFC full and it found no errors to speak of (I replaced a lock screen image that I hated, so the...
  5. Thumbnails in File Explorer stop working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails in File Explorer stop working: Hi, I have had a long standing issue that comes and goes without any reason. I would be grateful of any help or advise or if Microsoft can confirm they are fixing this issue. I use a lot of photos in my working life and seeing them as thumbnails is very important to me....
  6. File Explorer search box stops working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer search box stops working: Hi - we're having a problem with File explorer search bar, whereby users find that randomly it locks up and stops allowing input. Currently the fix is to get the user to go to task manager and restart explorer.exe process, which is cumbersome. I wonder if anyone else faced...
  7. file explorer has stopped working

file explorer has stopped working: file explorer has stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-has-stopped-working/32d4c912-9faf-48ab-8b00-048d510f4777"
  8. File Explorer (or Total Commander)

File Explorer (or Total Commander): Rigt click on file, select Properties and than blck screen 2-3 sec, natig do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-or-total-commander/fb0817c6-6d0a-45c7-a89a-66fa46e2829e"
  9. Right club File explorer stopped working

Right club File explorer stopped working: I thought Microsoft took this feature away, but it still works on my other laptop. Both machines are on latest insider release of Win10 Pro 64bit. I have file explorer pinned to my taskbar. The expected result from right clicking that shortcut is it gives you a list of...
  10. File Explorer stopped working.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer stopped working.: Hi, I upgraded to W10 on the 31st July and all well apart from intermittent stoppages in File Explorer. There have been 4 stoppages over this period and an identical one at boot up this morning. It is reported in Reliability Monitor although I have neither seen or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer play all