Windows 10: File Explores is super slow when searching the entire One drive file!

Discus and support File Explores is super slow when searching the entire One drive file! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I run a File Explorer search on my entire OneDrive file it finds files very slowly (several minutes at least, with a 'Working on it...' message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JessicaGregory2, Mar 25, 2019.

1. File Explores is super slow when searching the entire One drive file!

When I run a File Explorer search on my entire OneDrive file it finds files very slowly (several minutes at least, with a 'Working on it...' message displayed), when previously it was almost instantaneous. However, Search functions correctly (instantaneously) when I run them within individual files within the OneDrive file. However, I need to run searches with all files within my OneDrive 'drive'. How do I change my search options?

:)

JessicaGregory2, Mar 25, 2019
  2. GVOTLD Win User

File Explorer Search is slow when searching the entire OneDrive

When I run a File Explorer search on my entire OneDrive file it finds files very slowly (several minutes at least, with a 'Working on it...' message displayed), when previously it was almost instantaneous. However, Search functions correctly (instantaneously)
    when I run them within individual files within the OneDrive file. However, I need to run searches with all files within my OneDrive 'drive'.

GVOTLD, Mar 25, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Mar 25, 2019
  4. File Explores is super slow when searching the entire One drive file!

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

File Explores is super slow when searching the entire One drive file!

1. File Explores is super slow when searching the entire One drive file! - Similar Threads - File Explores super

2. One Drive Slowing down File explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Slowing down File explorer: Why is One drive such a issue its constantly slowing down file explorer and making files inaccessible until i restart the Pc or File explorer, im talking bad too. it too me a few weeks to figure out what it was because the process was so far down task manager how do i fix...
  3. One Drive Slowing down File explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive Slowing down File explorer: Why is One drive such a issue its constantly slowing down file explorer and making files inaccessible until i restart the Pc or File explorer, im talking bad too. it too me a few weeks to figure out what it was because the process was so far down task manager how do i fix...
  4. What's with the super slow File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's with the super slow File Explorer?: As far as I can tell, this started with Win11 22621.963. Every time I open File Explorer, it has to slowly scan the SSD, or something, before it shows what used to pop up in no time.What the bloody hell, over? Is this another one of Microsoft's wonderful new surprises?When...
  5. What's with the super slow File Explorer?

What's with the super slow File Explorer?: As far as I can tell, this started with Win11 22621.963. Every time I open File Explorer, it has to slowly scan the SSD, or something, before it shows what used to pop up in no time.What the bloody hell, over? Is this another one of Microsoft's wonderful new surprises?When...
  6. FIle explorer slow when opening files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FIle explorer slow when opening files: Hello everyone. Just recently out of the blue I have a file explorer issue. The file explorer works fine apart from when I want to attach a file on some website for example or just open a file in photoshop or opening files generally. I have noticed 3 iterations of this issue...
  7. FIle explorer slow when opening files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIle explorer slow when opening files: Hello everyone. Just recently out of the blue I have a file explorer issue. The file explorer works fine apart from when I want to attach a file on some website for example or just open a file in photoshop or opening files generally. I have noticed 3 iterations of this issue...
  8. FIle explorer slow when opening files

9. Windows explorer slow file search

in Cortana
    Windows explorer slow file search: The search file option on windows explorer is very slow and basic. Basically it has to be rebuilt and made more powerful, like some third party file search software full of options....
  10. File Explorer closes when searching for a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer closes when searching for a file: In File Explorer, when I type an entry into the Search box, it momentarily shows results then File Explorer closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-closes-when-searching-for-a-file/2be6c0d9-16bb-479c-93ec-7f16e189223a