Windows 10: File exporer tree disappeared

Discus and support File exporer tree disappeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, new user here. Just one little problem. I just installed version 2004. Everything is working fine except that I have no explorer tree on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Luters, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Luters Win User

File exporer tree disappeared

Hi all, new user here. Just one little problem. I just installed version 2004. Everything is working fine except that I have no explorer tree on the left side of my Quick Access window. I've tried everything I can think of to get it back but nothing works.

There are 2 other PC's in the house that have 2004 installed and they both have the tree.

I use the tree quite frequently and I miss it. I'm hoping its something simple that I'm missing. Please help.

:)

Luters, Jun 26, 2020

2. TREE command function misses files

If you want to list the files as well, use tree /f in Powershell

MarcelKlocke, Jun 26, 2020
  3. TREE command function misses files

Yes cmd or Powershell, both should work. Did you try to use
    tree /f to list the files?

MarcelKlocke, Jun 26, 2020
  4. File exporer tree disappeared

File exporer crashes while trying to search

Hi,

Thank you for the update and it must be difficult when things do not work as expected.

To assist you better, I would like to know what exactly happens when the screen flashes, are you able to see the desktop and its icons and what does it exactly mean when you say that the desktop was redrawn.

It looks like we need to fix the flashing screen issue first,

Step 1: Open Task Manager. Press ctrl+alt+delete and select
    Task Manager from the list.

Step 2: In the top left corner, hit “File” and select “run new task” from the drop down menu.

Step 3: Type “msconfig”.

Step 4: Select the Service tab.

Step 5: Scroll through the list and locate “problem reports and solutions control panel support” and “Windows

error report service.”

Step 6: Disable the two items by clicking the checked box beside them. The check should disappear.

Step 7: Click Apply, then click OK.

If you have installed any third party security application, I suggest you to temporarily disable it temporarily and see if it fixes the issue.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software.
    If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

File exporer tree disappeared

1. File exporer tree disappeared - Similar Threads - File exporer tree

2. Devices missing from Network in File Exporer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Devices missing from Network in File Exporer: I have a small home network. Two wired desktop PCs, two wireless Surface tablets all on Windows 10 Pro, fully up to date and a wired server running OpenMediaVault. I’ve just added what will become a replacement server – same hardware, later version of OMV software. For a...
  3. Devices missing from Network in File Exporer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices missing from Network in File Exporer: I have a small home network. Two wired desktop PCs, two wireless Surface tablets all on Windows 10 Pro, fully up to date and a wired server running OpenMediaVault. I’ve just added what will become a replacement server – same hardware, later version of OMV software. For a...
  4. Devices missing from Network in File Exporer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Tree menu in file explorer has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tree menu in file explorer has disappeared: Where did the tree menu go--the one that shows all the folders like downloads, documents, music, etc, so you can easily navigate between more than one. I have tried to change the view in options, but it is still gone. I did not change anything. Yesterday, it was there,...
  6. file tree

file tree: Hello While working with back-up there has been encountered a lot of stress. Is there any ways and means to find a simple basic explanation how windows does display the files in the Graphical User Interface . Thank you....
  7. All icons for my files are missing in File Exporer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All icons for my files are missing in File Exporer: While trying to free up space on my windows 10 pc, I clicked something in settings that would clean up "unnecessary" files. Now I can't see what any of my files are bc I don't really name them, usually I just go off of what the pic is. Can anyone help me restore the icons?...
  8. file exporer merge files

file exporer merge files: how do I merge a file with another that have the same name? Its a bbot file for a game system ive deleted the memory stick that was in it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-exporer-merge-files/ed3a51df-91b8-447b-a410-8da5fc21dcaf"
  9. File tree confusion

File tree confusion: I'm using Windows 10. Trying to understand OneDrive and how to find documents in various locations. There's "OneDrive - Personal" where some files get stored, apparently, but that doesn't show up when I click on File Explorer on my desktop computer. Instead I see three major...
  10. increasing the width of File Exporer's Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    increasing the width of File Exporer's Navigation Pane: OK, now on to the second question of the day. The width of the Navigation Pane of File Explorer needs to be increase so that I can see the complete entries -- they show only about 9 or 10 characters. Many of the names contain more that that. Is there any way I can widen...