Windows 10: file extension disaster

Discus and support file extension disaster in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All my .dxf files appear to have been "converted" to Adobe .pdfs? and am now unable to access any a .dxf Such is INSANITY - suggestions please,,,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Johnbespoke, Nov 24, 2022.

1. file extension disaster

All my .dxf files appear to have been "converted" to Adobe .pdfs? and am now unable to access any a .dxf Such is INSANITY - suggestions please,,,

:)

Johnbespoke, Nov 24, 2022

2. File extension *.docx

Hi Randy,

To change the file extension when saving a document in Word 2013, you may follow the steps below:

• Click on File; then, select Options from the list.
    • In the Word Options window, choose Save.
    • Under Save files in this format, select *.doc from the list.
    • Hit OK button to confirm and save the changes.

If ever your Word 2013 application is not recognizing the changes you have made, you may restart the application; however, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair it. To do this, see this
    link.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Can a file extension(.flv) be added to Default Program Associations.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues associating a particular file extension with a program on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "Default Program Associations", are you referring to the list of default applications in default programs settings?

I want you to be informed that all the file extensions is listed in the default program settings which is displayed under
    Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

In default program list, all the programs or application will be listed. Then we can select each program as default program for opening a particular file.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps to make default program for a particular file extension.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on Choose Default for this Programs.

4. Select .flv file from the list.

Also you can try other steps to associate the a particular extenstion with the program.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    and search for .flv extension from the list.

4. Click on .flv and then click on Change Program.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 24, 2022
  4. file extension disaster

Shortcut to print without opening Visio File (VSDX extension)?

Since, without opening file, I can print VSDX file by following steps:

1. open file with Internet Explorer
    2. get Internet Explorer to print.
    Is there a shortcut ? My wish to have:

1. right click file with VSDX extension and print just like Office documents?
    2. VBS using COM
    3. Powershell script
    Thanks Ahead!

Sunny Schindler, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

file extension disaster

1. file extension disaster - Similar Threads - file extension disaster

2. file extension disaster

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file extension disaster: All my .dxf files appear to have been "converted" to Adobe .pdfs? and am now unable to access any a .dxf Such is INSANITY - suggestions please,,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extension-disaster/23704bb8-f252-414b-a779-509b713f9d3b
  3. file extension disaster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file extension disaster: All my .dxf files appear to have been "converted" to Adobe .pdfs? and am now unable to access any a .dxf Such is INSANITY - suggestions please,,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extension-disaster/23704bb8-f252-414b-a779-509b713f9d3b
  4. file extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file extensions: Hello İ have win 11 installed and first thing I see is i can't open files like .iso .py etc.when I look at these files types it says like Windows.IsoFile for iso files and Python.File on .py files and it's really annoyingcan anyone help me how to fix it i put some examples on...
  5. Windows 11 File Explorer is a disaster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer is a disaster: Where have the ribbon shortcut keys gone in File Explorer for Windows 11? I get that you, Microsoft, want to simplify the UI but why on earth would you get rid of all the shortcut keys? This is what make people more productive and the folks that want to point and click simply...
  6. Windows 11 File Explorer is a disaster

Windows 11 File Explorer is a disaster: Where have the ribbon shortcut keys gone in File Explorer for Windows 11? I get that you, Microsoft, want to simplify the UI but why on earth would you get rid of all the shortcut keys? This is what make people more productive and the folks that want to point and click simply...
  7. It is a disaster !!!

It is a disaster !!!: Hello Sir/Madam: The quality of my pc is dropping down ! Today, all at once, many of the "icons", around 1/3, on my screen can not open !! They are cut off from the internet! I have been using the window for around two decades, never saw such serious...
  8. File extensions

File extensions: I downloaded some files from the internet and it won't allow me to change their file extensions note: i already tick the unhide file extension under folder options. The files are just greyed out and changing the file extensions just reverts them back to their original file...
  9. file extension

file extension: hi, i don't know why but when i'm trying to set .pas extension by PASCAL app it is not sett, i'm trying again and again but nothing is received https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extension/9a8a6899-ad06-4c39-a55d-06371f2ec60d
  10. File extension

in Windows 10 Support
    File extension: How can I add a new file extension windows 10 Don Cole 73899