Windows 10: File Extension Display

Discus and support File Extension Display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do you turn on or off the file extensions that are displayed on each line item when you list a folder? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kenneth Pincus, Jul 16, 2020.

1. File Extension Display

How do you turn on or off the file extensions that are displayed on each line item when you list a folder? Thanks

:)

Kenneth Pincus, Jul 16, 2020

2. Can a file extension(.flv) be added to Default Program Associations.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues associating a particular file extension with a program on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "Default Program Associations", are you referring to the list of default applications in default programs settings?

I want you to be informed that all the file extensions is listed in the default program settings which is displayed under
    Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

In default program list, all the programs or application will be listed. Then we can select each program as default program for opening a particular file.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps to make default program for a particular file extension.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on Choose Default for this Programs.

4. Select .flv file from the list.

Also you can try other steps to associate the a particular extenstion with the program.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    and search for .flv extension from the list.

4. Click on .flv and then click on Change Program.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 16, 2020
  3. File extension *.docx

Hi Randy,

To change the file extension when saving a document in Word 2013, you may follow the steps below:

• Click on File; then, select Options from the list.
    • In the Word Options window, choose Save.
    • Under Save files in this format, select *.doc from the list.
    • Hit OK button to confirm and save the changes.

If ever your Word 2013 application is not recognizing the changes you have made, you may restart the application; however, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair it. To do this, see this
    link.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 16, 2020
  4. File Extension Display

WPS files does not display properly

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I realize this may be frustrating.

Now that you have me with you, let me take care of this.

• What is the extension of the file you are trying to open?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

As an initial step, I suggest you to open the file with Microsoft Office application and check if it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

File Extension Display

1. File Extension Display - Similar Threads - File Extension Display

2. file extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file extensions: Hello İ have win 11 installed and first thing I see is i can't open files like .iso .py etc.when I look at these files types it says like Windows.IsoFile for iso files and Python.File on .py files and it's really annoyingcan anyone help me how to fix it i put some examples on...
  3. Files with no extension

Files with no extension: Hello, I have several files with no extension. Under file type, it just says "file". I'm not sure what happened tom change that. I recently downloaded Windows 11, if that means anything. My question is, is there any way I can add an extension to a file that would make it...
  4. Specify which file extensions display thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specify which file extensions display thumbnails?: Trying to duplicate the behavior I used in Windows 10 where images and videos would show thumbnails but documents txt, docx, pdf, etc. did not. So far all the options I find appear to be all or none regarding the display of thumbnails.Is there somewhere, registry setting or...
  5. Specify which file extensions display thumbnails?

Specify which file extensions display thumbnails?: Trying to duplicate the behavior I used in Windows 10 where images and videos would show thumbnails but documents txt, docx, pdf, etc. did not. So far all the options I find appear to be all or none regarding the display of thumbnails.Is there somewhere, registry setting or...
  6. File extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File extensions: My antivirus software kaspersky has changed some file extensions in outlook - pptx has become ppt_ and xlsx has become xls_ I have resolved this but it has changed file extensions on many email attachments that I still need. I want to open these attachments but cannot...
  7. File extensions

File extensions: I downloaded some files from the internet and it won't allow me to change their file extensions note: i already tick the unhide file extension under folder options. The files are just greyed out and changing the file extensions just reverts them back to their original file...
  8. File extensions.

File extensions.: Can someone please tell me what extension I need to add to a screenshot of an "Administrator: Command Prompt" file in order to get it to upload? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extensions/9f112de0-bf26-4c53-b0c0-7847c4503296"
  9. file extension

file extension: hi, i don't know why but when i'm trying to set .pas extension by PASCAL app it is not sett, i'm trying again and again but nothing is received https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extension/9a8a6899-ad06-4c39-a55d-06371f2ec60d
  10. File extension

in Windows 10 Support
    File extension: How can I add a new file extension windows 10 Don Cole 73899