Windows 10: File extensions in thumbnails

Discus and support File extensions in thumbnails in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I view Windows 10 file extensions in thumbnails? Like in video thumbnail it should also show a small “mp4”.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sherkhansherkhan, Nov 14, 2018.

1. File extensions in thumbnails

How do I view Windows 10 file extensions in thumbnails? Like in video thumbnail it should also show a small “mp4”.

:)

sherkhansherkhan, Nov 14, 2018

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Billb1111 Win User
    Displaying Thumbnails for .jpg files in Windows 10 File Explorer

Thanks for your suggestion.

As "recommended for Windows 10", "Photos" is the default app for "Photo viewer" (.jpg isn't really listed as the file extension in the settings).

Do you have another app you would suggest?

By the way, my photos open and display just fine, the issue is the general absence of thumbnails in File Explorer.

Billb1111, Nov 14, 2018
  4. EL_XO Win User

File extensions in thumbnails

Windows 10 File Explorer video thumbnail display problem

All you need is Icaros_v2.3.0. Easy to use. Lets you add video file types to provided list of extensions to see video thumbnail.

EL_XO, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

File extensions in thumbnails

1. File extensions in thumbnails - Similar Threads - File extensions thumbnails

2. file extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file extensions: Hello İ have win 11 installed and first thing I see is i can't open files like .iso .py etc.when I look at these files types it says like Windows.IsoFile for iso files and Python.File on .py files and it's really annoyingcan anyone help me how to fix it i put some examples on...
  3. Specify which file extensions display thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specify which file extensions display thumbnails?: Trying to duplicate the behavior I used in Windows 10 where images and videos would show thumbnails but documents txt, docx, pdf, etc. did not. So far all the options I find appear to be all or none regarding the display of thumbnails.Is there somewhere, registry setting or...
  4. Specify which file extensions display thumbnails?

Specify which file extensions display thumbnails?: Trying to duplicate the behavior I used in Windows 10 where images and videos would show thumbnails but documents txt, docx, pdf, etc. did not. So far all the options I find appear to be all or none regarding the display of thumbnails.Is there somewhere, registry setting or...
  5. File extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File extensions: I downloaded some files from the internet and it won't allow me to change their file extensions note: i already tick the unhide file extension under folder options. The files are just greyed out and changing the file extensions just reverts them back to their original file...
  6. New Canon RP file extension cr3 is not showing thumbnails in file explorer

New Canon RP file extension cr3 is not showing thumbnails in file explorer: New Canon RP file extension cr3 is not showing thumbnails in file explorer. I have the updated firmware for my Canon camera, but after downloading to my computer and opening file explorer it shows Icons only and not a thumbnail of the picture. I have made sure that the...
  7. File extensions.

File extensions.: Can someone please tell me what extension I need to add to a screenshot of an "Administrator: Command Prompt" file in order to get it to upload? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extensions/9f112de0-bf26-4c53-b0c0-7847c4503296"
  8. NEW LAPTOP-NEW FILE EXTENSIONS & PICTURE FILE THUMBNAILS & ERRORS IMPORTING CONTACTS

NEW LAPTOP-NEW FILE EXTENSIONS & PICTURE FILE THUMBNAILS & ERRORS IMPORTING CONTACTS: I have recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and purchased Office 365 Home. It has been a VERY FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE. 1st I downloaded all my files from an external hard drive. All my pictures and documents have the (2019_03_15 16_15_59 UTC) on the file extension. I...
  9. file extension

file extension: hi, i don't know why but when i'm trying to set .pas extension by PASCAL app it is not sett, i'm trying again and again but nothing is received https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extension/9a8a6899-ad06-4c39-a55d-06371f2ec60d
  10. File extension

in Windows 10 Support
    File extension: How can I add a new file extension windows 10 Don Cole 73899