Windows 10: File extra details list and export any column

Discus and support File extra details list and export any column in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; TreeSize Pro not the free version does what Windows Explorershould do. In the right pane files have namedcolumns and right click any of the names of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterCumbria, Feb 9, 2021.

1. File extra details list and export any column

TreeSize Pro not the free version does what Windows Explorershould do. In the right pane files have namedcolumns and right click any of the names of the columns gets the context menu thatshows the extra columns that Windows Explorer normally allows. So check and uncheck your appropriate columnsand when the right pane of TreeSize has the columns you want, you can now sortyour filenames and your chosen columns in the usual way of clicking the columnheader, then export the filenames and columns by Home – Export – select csv,Excel, pdf, text, HTML, XML etc.

:)

PeterCumbria, Feb 9, 2021
  2. snowshed Win User

How to export a text file that lists the different columns that can be displayed in the details view of File Explorer

In File Explorer, with the Details view showing, you have a variety of columns of information available to you.

Questions:

• How can I export that list as a text file?
    • Where can I find "definitions" of what these terms mean?
    • How can I find out how the information for these terms may change?

If I, as a user, cannot find the answers to questions 2 & 3, how can I
    competently
    use the data to my advantage?

snowshed, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

I went through all of the above steps, but sadly this doesn't work when viewing folders in *list* view. Any idea how to adjust the column widths there?

Up until a couple of months ago the column widths were always simply equal to the longest name in the column or the longest name in the folder. Now there is a couple of extra centimetres in there for no discernible reason.

RichLehmann, Feb 9, 2021
  4. File extra details list and export any column

Transfer file list with additional info to excel

OK, yes now in Q-dir I can get the additional columns from the list. But exporting works correctly only for the visible lines of the list. Date and image size is blank för the reminder of the list. Or is there some setting somewhere that could correct this?
    Tried to print to .pdf but in the resulting file there are no tabs or other divider between columns. Spaces yes but not very helpful.

I repeat; I suggest Microsoft includes an export list possibility in Explorer at earliest convienence.

Best regards,

Beros

BengtRostedt, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

File extra details list and export any column

1. File extra details list and export any column - Similar Threads - File extra details

2. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  3. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  4. Detail List in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Detail List in File Explorer: Sometimes when I open File Explorer, I notice "X's" over the icons in the detail view. Why are these displayed, and how can I remove them when I use File Explorer?...
  5. Detail List in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Detail List in File Explorer: Sometimes when I open File Explorer, I notice "X's" over the icons in the detail view. Why are these displayed, and how can I remove them when I use File Explorer?...
  6. Detail List in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How can I prevent the extra columns of details from appearing in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I prevent the extra columns of details from appearing in File Explorer?: I'm not exactly sure what they're called. Some examples of them are "#" and "Date Modified" and "File Type" and "Album." I don't really want these, since it makes the file name (the only important part to me) get cut off. I know that I can right click and hide them that way,...
  8. Windows Explorer file description columns export

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer file description columns export: TreeSize Pro not the free version does what Windows Explorershould do. In the right pane files have namedcolumns and right click any of the names of the columns gets the context menu thatshows the extra columns that Windows Explorer normally allows. So check and uncheck...
  9. Any programs to see folder size in the details column?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any programs to see folder size in the details column?: When sorting a folder by details, you can choose various columns (Size, name, date etc.) is there any 3rd party software that can allow me to see a folders size? Failing that, is there any 3rd party software that will allow me to see a folders size in windows explorer?...
  10. Windows File Explorer Column Details for Audio files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows File Explorer Column Details for Audio files: Does anyone know of a way to get bloody file explorer to show audio bit depth and frequency in details view. there seems to be no column heading for those. Can I hack/reg-add/some-other_way this? 122165