Windows 10: FILE EXTRACTION

Discus and support FILE EXTRACTION in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to download a program to be able to extract files zip. what Free and Safe program can I download for my windows 10 computer? Thank you for your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JosephaMacherone, Mar 19, 2020.

1. FILE EXTRACTION

I need to download a program to be able to extract files zip. what Free and Safe program can I download for my windows 10 computer? Thank you for your help

:)

JosephaMacherone, Mar 19, 2020
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

FILE EXTRACTION

how do I change the default program for extracting files

Hi,

You can change the default program that's extracting the files by either changing it from the settings or right-clicking on the zipped file and choose which program will open it. We'd like to know which program are you using yo extract the files.

In the meantime, follow the steps below to change the default program:

• Right-click on the file you want to extract.
    • Choose Open with and select which program you want to use.
    • In other cases, a new menu will appear when choosing Open with. You can choose "Choose Default Program" from there.

Change the default programs from the Settings.

• Go to Settings. Choose Apps then
      Default apps.
    • Select the app or program you want to use as default from the list.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

FILE EXTRACTION

1. FILE EXTRACTION - Similar Threads - FILE EXTRACTION

2. Can't Extract Zip Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Extract Zip Files: Hi, My .zip files can't be extracted. It seems like I can open the zip files and see what is in the folder but for some reason I can't open the documents or files.I've tried restarting the computer and it didn't help....
  3. When I select multiple zip files, right click and "extract all", it only extracts the first...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I select multiple zip files, right click and "extract all", it only extracts the first...: When I select multiple zip files, right click and "extract all", it only extracts the first zip to a file named after it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-select-multiple-zip-files-right-click-and/ab02b20c-98b9-4347-81bc-0d41e60da22d
  4. When I select multiple zip files, right click and "extract all", it only extracts the first...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I select multiple zip files, right click and "extract all", it only extracts the first...: When I select multiple zip files, right click and "extract all", it only extracts the first zip to a file named after it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-select-multiple-zip-files-right-click-and/ab02b20c-98b9-4347-81bc-0d41e60da22d
  5. Files not responding when press extract all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files not responding when press extract all: When i try to press the extract all button and then extract after I wait a second it's doesn't do anything and when I press again it say not responding, to be specific the file size is 4,84 GB and I still have 35,3 GB space can someone help?...
  6. Files not responding when press extract all

Files not responding when press extract all: When i try to press the extract all button and then extract after I wait a second it's doesn't do anything and when I press again it say not responding, to be specific the file size is 4,84 GB and I still have 35,3 GB space can someone help?...
  7. in my pc the winrar app is default but whenever i extract a file the windows explorer tries...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in my pc the winrar app is default but whenever i extract a file the windows explorer tries...: in my pc the winrar app is default but whenever i extract a file the windows explorer tries to extract it how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-pc-the-winrar-app-is-default-but-whenever-i/76a99d85-9780-456a-bcf7-927004a7e223
  8. in my pc the winrar app is default but whenever i extract a file the windows explorer tries...

in my pc the winrar app is default but whenever i extract a file the windows explorer tries...: in my pc the winrar app is default but whenever i extract a file the windows explorer tries to extract it how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-pc-the-winrar-app-is-default-but-whenever-i/76a99d85-9780-456a-bcf7-927004a7e223
  9. want to extract product key from old windows file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    want to extract product key from old windows file: in 2021 i upgraded my pc from windows 7 to windows 10, after that my pc had some issues due to which i needed to change some partslike motherboard and added a ssd.on my new ssd i got a unactivated windows 7 installed, now since the support for windows 7 has ended i am...
  10. want to extract product key from old windows file

want to extract product key from old windows file: in 2021 i upgraded my pc from windows 7 to windows 10, after that my pc had some issues due to which i needed to change some partslike motherboard and added a ssd.on my new ssd i got a unactivated windows 7 installed, now since the support for windows 7 has ended i am...