Windows 10: .File files

Discus and support .File files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why am I getting *.file files? These appeared in my download folder recently. First time I saw this type of files was in Dropbox. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dandz636, Feb 27, 2020.

1. dandz636 Win User

.File files

Why am I getting *.file files? These appeared in my download folder recently. First time I saw this type of files was in Dropbox.

.File files b90df1f5-786e-408b-b9d5-4e40bbac8fc7?upload=true.jpg

:)

dandz636, Feb 27, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Identical File Finder

@Ford
    I don't think that step #3 is even needed. The probabiliy of two MD5 hashes from differing files colliding is what, 2^-128 ?
    Even if your were hashing a million files the odds of a hash collision on differing files is astronomically small.

Kreij, Feb 27, 2020
  4. AM*
    Am* Win User

.File files

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

Thema:

.File files

1. .File files - Similar Threads - File files

2. How to make a file run its intended default version?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make a file run its intended default version?: I am trying open an app that was supposed to run on Java. I had forgot to install java and had made the default start up my browser. My main solution is to find what it actually uses but I can't. So now I'm hoping that if I somehow reset it, the file will become its java...
  3. How to make a file run its intended default version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make a file run its intended default version?: I am trying open an app that was supposed to run on Java. I had forgot to install java and had made the default start up my browser. My main solution is to find what it actually uses but I can't. So now I'm hoping that if I somehow reset it, the file will become its java...
  4. How to make a file run its intended default version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My folder is showing far fewer files than there should be in the folder. Properties shows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My folder is showing far fewer files than there should be in the folder. Properties shows...: My Sims 4 mods folder is showing vastly different properties right now and I'm not sure why. When I open the folder, the info bar says it has 9937 items in it, but on properties, it says it has 26k. It *should* be 26k, but a whole bunch of stuff seems to be missing and I...
  6. My folder is showing far fewer files than there should be in the folder. Properties shows...

My folder is showing far fewer files than there should be in the folder. Properties shows...: My Sims 4 mods folder is showing vastly different properties right now and I'm not sure why. When I open the folder, the info bar says it has 9937 items in it, but on properties, it says it has 26k. It *should* be 26k, but a whole bunch of stuff seems to be missing and I...
  7. How do I access my OneDrive files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I access my OneDrive files?: I have been trying to open my files on OneDrive Windows 11 Dell, but I can't manage to open them. A pop-up message of "Install failed. Please contact your software vendor" keeps appearing on the screen whenever I do. I've tried troubleshooting, updating my Windows, and...
  8. How do I access my OneDrive files?

How do I access my OneDrive files?: I have been trying to open my files on OneDrive Windows 11 Dell, but I can't manage to open them. A pop-up message of "Install failed. Please contact your software vendor" keeps appearing on the screen whenever I do. I've tried troubleshooting, updating my Windows, and...
  9. question about recovering files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    question about recovering files: Ok so awhile back I saw a video explaining how to make a hidden folder and secure it. Basically alt+0160 and then add files into it and goto cmd and apply +s +h attributes. So at the time I thought hell thats a great idea lets hide some stuff on flash drive. So I put a bunch...
  10. question about recovering files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question about recovering files: Ok so awhile back I saw a video explaining how to make a hidden folder and secure it. Basically alt+0160 and then add files into it and goto cmd and apply +s +h attributes. So at the time I thought hell thats a great idea lets hide some stuff on flash drive. So I put a bunch...