Windows 10: File/Folder names not appearing, only shows shadows of text on desktop and can't use cmd

Discus and support File/Folder names not appearing, only shows shadows of text on desktop and can't use cmd in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Shown in the screenshot below, the names/text of files have been removed and sometimes removed characters File names still the same from the sidebar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cawfeee, Sep 10, 2021.

1. cawfeee Win User

File/Folder names not appearing, only shows shadows of text on desktop and can't use cmd

Shown in the screenshot below, the names/text of files have been removed and sometimes removed characters File names still the same from the sidebar and in task manager "Downloads" turned into "Do". As well as this, my dektop files have removed characters as well as having a black text probably the shadow?. Also, when opening cmd, it is blank and when i click on it it closes. I've tried reseting my graphics by Win+Ctrl+Shift+B but it did not work.

:)

cawfeee, Sep 10, 2021
  2. YIN
    Yin Win User

Looking for a program which grabs folders\files and converts it into text

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a program which lets you pick a folder and grabs all the files\folders names and puts it in a text file.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, sorry if it doesn't.

3. Bowlsys Win User
    Compare a text file containing file names with files in a folder

Hi,
    I have a text files containing a list of file names and I wish to compare that to a folder with files in it.
    The folder contains a rather large number of files and I want to see if files in that folder exist in the file with the list of file names.

Hope I have explained my problem clearly.

Would appreciate any help
    Thanks

Bowlsys, Sep 10, 2021
  4. Cinkaj Win User

File/Folder names not appearing, only shows shadows of text on desktop and can't use cmd

i want to remove Shadow from text on files desktop

i want to remove Shadow from text on files and folders on my desktop. Too hard to read. thanks

Cinkaj, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

1. File/Folder names not appearing, only shows shadows of text on desktop and can't use cmd - Similar Threads - File Folder names

2. shadow of text on desktop is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shadow of text on desktop is gone: i dont know if its because of an update or because of something else, but the shadow thats on text on the desktop is gone. it also makes it hard to read some names because of the wallpaper i use. how can i fix this?...
  3. shadow of text on desktop is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shadow of text on desktop is gone: i dont know if its because of an update or because of something else, but the shadow thats on text on the desktop is gone. it also makes it hard to read some names because of the wallpaper i use. how can i fix this?...
  4. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  5. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  6. Folder only shows in cmd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder only shows in cmd: Hello, i have this problem, i just copy a folder to the desktop on a windows 10 computer, but the folders does not exist in windows i have already selected the show the hidden files option but if you open a CMD window and type dir/p on the desktop folder it appears there, how...
  7. Folder only shows in cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder only shows in cmd: Hello, i have this problem, i just copy a folder to the desktop on a windows 10 computer, but the folders does not exist in windows i have already selected the show the hidden files option but if you open a CMD window and type dir/p on the desktop folder it appears there, how...
  8. Folder only shows in cmd

9. Can't read desktop Icon text descriptions. No "shadow" text.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't read desktop Icon text descriptions. No "shadow" text.: Running Windows 10 home and desktop icon text descriptions are not using "shadow" font so white text is invisible on white backgroud. Messed with a variety of display settings and started working but now has stopped again back to same problem. Any suggestions?...
  10. Putting folder names in a text file

Putting folder names in a text file: I have a folder with someh hundred subfolders. Is it possible to have these folder names in a text file? 104541