Windows 10: File Format for Long-term Data Storage, Burning of Blu-Ray M-Discs

Discus and support File Format for Long-term Data Storage, Burning of Blu-Ray M-Discs in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; The conventional thought is that when you store data for long-term storage, you convert the data into a format that will last for decades. It should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by CerebralFreeze, Oct 13, 2020.

1. File Format for Long-term Data Storage, Burning of Blu-Ray M-Discs

The conventional thought is that when you store data for long-term storage, you convert the data into a format that will last for decades. It should be in NTFS or FAT and file formats that will be around in decades.

For example, they do not recommend that files should be left in docx (Word format) because you don't now if Microsoft will be around 10 years from now. They suggest that formats such as txt.

HOWEVER, I have most of my documents in Microsoft Word and Excel. And, the formatting of the document is actually really important to me. It allows readability of the document. If it's all in the same regular text, it makes it much harder to read.

What do you people suggest that I should do? I want to burn my long-term files but what format do you recommend that I should save it in on my blu-ray M-discs?

:)

CerebralFreeze, Oct 13, 2020

2. Cannot copy a Blu-Ray data disc to my hard drive

Hello,

I cannot copy a Blu-Ray data disc (of a WinRAR file) to my hard drive using Windows Explorer.

I receive the error message, "Can't read from the source file or disk," during a copy.

The disc was verified after burning using the burning software. (Nero)

Any suggestions?

Can you recommend a good commercial Blu-Ray data disc to hard drive utility?

Sincerely,

William Johnston

williamj78, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Berton Win User
    Playing a Blu-Ray video disc?

I've been thinking of getting a Blu-Ray Optical drive and what I have seen is it would be best to get one that has the software with it for playing the Blu-Ray discs or burning to a Blu-Ray disc. I wouldn't need the movie creation part of the software as more interested in playing and data storage. Some of the available programs are not exactly cheap, running over $50 and considerably more.

Berton, Oct 13, 2020
  4. File Format for Long-term Data Storage, Burning of Blu-Ray M-Discs

JoshBlannin, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

File Format for Long-term Data Storage, Burning of Blu-Ray M-Discs

1. File Format for Long-term Data Storage, Burning of Blu-Ray M-Discs - Similar Threads - File Format Long

2. LG Blu-ray formatted M-DISC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG Blu-ray formatted M-DISC: Hello,I went to use the LG bp50nb40 Blu-ray Disc write drive to load more pictures from my phone to an M-DISC using a new computer. The M-DISC already had many picture and movie files already on it. The laptop computer asked "Use disc like a USB flash drive or with a CD/DVD...
  3. LG Blu-ray formatted M-DISC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LG Blu-ray formatted M-DISC: Hello,I went to use the LG bp50nb40 Blu-ray Disc write drive to load more pictures from my phone to an M-DISC using a new computer. The M-DISC already had many picture and movie files already on it. The laptop computer asked "Use disc like a USB flash drive or with a CD/DVD...
  4. LG Blu-ray formatted M-DISC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Blu Ray M Disc Copy Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blu Ray M Disc Copy Failure: I have small mp4 files most under 20GB that I need to copy to 100GB mdisc. Even If I copy to 100GB misca 8GB I get a not enough space. "There is not enough space on BD-RE Drive. You need an additional 25.9 GB to copy these files.BD RE Drive space 90.2 GB"Using Windows 1064...
  6. Blu Ray M Disc Copy Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu Ray M Disc Copy Failure: I have small mp4 files most under 20GB that I need to copy to 100GB mdisc. Even If I copy to 100GB misca 8GB I get a not enough space. "There is not enough space on BD-RE Drive. You need an additional 25.9 GB to copy these files.BD RE Drive space 90.2 GB"Using Windows 1064...
  7. Blu Ray M Disc Copy Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Inconsistent Blu-Ray Data disk burning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inconsistent Blu-Ray Data disk burning: I'm trying to back up my data to 50GB blu-ray. So far I have 1 successful attempt and 2 failures just what you need at £10 a disk!. Whats worse is the failed disks look like they worked because and data checked reads the temporary data not the non-existent disk data. My work...
  9. Blu-Ray disc support

Blu-Ray disc support: Blu-Ray triple-layer 100GB re-writable discs - what is the best software to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-disc-support/e87e512c-da5e-41a6-95bc-58a6d26a41ab
  10. Burning Blu Ray

Burning Blu Ray: Hi, I was just wondering if in windows 10 you have to buy an external Blu Ray writer to be able to burn videos to a blank Blu ray disc? I have read this article https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-burn-cds-dvds-blu-ray-discs-windows/ and many others and am...