Windows 10: file format for pictures?

Discus and support file format for pictures? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have some pictures on a flash drive taken last year that I wanted to see on my relatively new all-in-one HP desktop with the latest Windows 10. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MSACPACA, May 27, 2020.

1. MSACPACA Win User

file format for pictures?

I have some pictures on a flash drive taken last year that I wanted to see on my relatively new all-in-one HP desktop with the latest Windows 10. When I tried to open the pictures I got the following message:

._002.jpg

It appears that we do not support this file format

I plugged the flash drive into my older Toshiba laptop running windows 10 and the pictures displayed beautifully.

The format was jpg

As you can see the HP read the file as something different.

I would appreciate it if someone would advise on what I should do to view the pictures on my desktop.

Thank you

MSACPACA

:)

MSACPACA, May 27, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 27, 2020
  4. erocker Win User

Picture format

Format as in file type? Usually, right clicking on the picture and selecting properties will tell you.

erocker, May 27, 2020
Thema:

1. file format for pictures? - Similar Threads - file format pictures

2. Sticky Notes does not support .PNG picture file format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes does not support .PNG picture file format.: Hello allIt seems that Sticky Notes on windows os does not support *.png file preview which is a hugely used picture file format. Anyone found a solution for this issue?I personally think Microsoft should address this issue as it is supposed to be an easy fix for sticky...
  3. Sticky Notes does not support .PNG picture file format.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes does not support .PNG picture file format.: Hello allIt seems that Sticky Notes on windows os does not support *.png file preview which is a hugely used picture file format. Anyone found a solution for this issue?I personally think Microsoft should address this issue as it is supposed to be an easy fix for sticky...
  4. File Format

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Format: Hey brothers and sisters I need some help. I mistakenly opened a game bin file with notepad and the check box saying "Always use this app to open bin. files" was checked due to which now i cannot run the game,,please give me a solution. How can I recover the default format of...
  5. file formats

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file formats: how can you change the file format on a group offiles at once. I have a bunch of pictures saved with the " GIMP" file tag that I would like to change to .JPG is this possible? thanks, terry...
  6. File Format

File Format: Hi I have downloaded a file which needs to be mounted but for some reason the file is showing as a Notepad file. I imagine this is because of something i have changed previously. What format would the file need to be in in order for me to mount it please ? and what would...
  7. Downloaded pictures are converted in different format

Downloaded pictures are converted in different format: When saving downloaded pictures and photos in jpg format, Windows converts them in jfif format in the folder. How can I save downloaded pictures in the same format that it was? This issue occurred yesterday and I don’t understand what caused it...
  8. format files

in Windows 10 Customization
    format files: I recorded church service this past Sunday with my video camera. I tried to edit it with windows 10 it's saying something about the format of the file. what do I need to do ? I used it earlier and the computer began to update right in the middle of it savivng...
  9. File format.

File format.: How do I change a music file format from wpl to wav or mp3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-format/3a33e1dd-d802-4fe4-bd18-2f45a8a89b3a"
  10. File format

File format: How do I change a photo file format. Photos were taken with a Cannon EOS Rebel T1i. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-format/aceb5f6b-db57-4d98-ad4f-0155736f852f"