Windows 10: File Format Problems

Discus and support File Format Problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, my all files are affected with rbs format. What should I do now?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kazi Rakibul Hassan, Feb 11, 2020.

1. File Format Problems

Hello, my all files are affected with rbs format. What should I do now?

:)

Kazi Rakibul Hassan, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Feb 11, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Feb 11, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

File Format Problems

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

File Format Problems

1. File Format Problems - Similar Threads - File Format Problems

2. Problem with formatting sd card and returning files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with formatting sd card and returning files: I have an sd card with a bunch of old stuff on it, i delete all of it. Go to format it from fat32 to ntfs says exfat as default if thats useful idk what im doing here but when i go to format and it says complete it just resets back to fat32 and restores all of the deleted...
  3. Problem with formatting sd card and returning files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with formatting sd card and returning files: I have an sd card with a bunch of old stuff on it, i delete all of it. Go to format it from fat32 to ntfs says exfat as default if thats useful idk what im doing here but when i go to format and it says complete it just resets back to fat32 and restores all of the deleted...
  4. Problem with formatting sd card and returning files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Formating problem?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formating problem?: I decided to format my drive via cmd to try fix my computer by reinstall the win10 but I only put the command "format" and nothing else the exit the cmd, after that I try the command "format fs=NTFS quick label=system" and it says "virtual disk service error:A concurrent...
  6. Formatting problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Formatting problems: Hello, I am having problems with the formatting process, it's pretty not letting me formatting my computer, I formatted my computer successfully 2 times, those 2 times were because of my performance's laptop, but now it's not working and I'm doing it because of a performance...
  7. File Format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Format: Hi I have downloaded a file which needs to be mounted but for some reason the file is showing as a Notepad file. I imagine this is because of something i have changed previously. What format would the file need to be in in order for me to mount it please ? and what would...
  8. format problems

format problems: wy do my messages and pic look like codes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-problems/005c660d-c38d-4b2b-a23c-b714de20469e"
  9. File format.

File format.: How do I change a music file format from wpl to wav or mp3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-format/3a33e1dd-d802-4fe4-bd18-2f45a8a89b3a"
  10. File format

File format: How do I change a photo file format. Photos were taken with a Cannon EOS Rebel T1i. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-format/aceb5f6b-db57-4d98-ad4f-0155736f852f"