Windows 10: file formats in win10 reset after Windows update

Discus and support file formats in win10 reset after Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The same thing happens to me every time Windows 10 updates: file formats associations get reset to defaults appliactions. Not all of them but some like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michał Krawczykowski, Aug 27, 2019.

1. file formats in win10 reset after Windows update

The same thing happens to me every time Windows 10 updates: file formats associations get reset to defaults appliactions. Not all of them but some like JPG/JPEG, PHP, etc. Why this happens? Is it normal behaviour of Windows?

:)

Michał Krawczykowski, Aug 27, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 27, 2019
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

Hello
    Win10: Windows update is stuck at never ending loop ? ( Last Win10 updates in 2017 ). Can't update the laptop. Genuine Win10 on a HP 2015 17.3" laptop that originally had Win8. ( CPU:AMD A9, GPU:Radeon R5 ).

If I download this below file does it manually install the latest updates of Win10 (=2018 April Update) without losing any files currently on the machine ? ( Mainly paid Office 2013 )
    MediaCreationTool1803.exe
    Download Windows 10

user33331, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Ikaruga Win User

file formats in win10 reset after Windows update

GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

file formats in win10 reset after Windows update

1. file formats in win10 reset after Windows update - Similar Threads - file formats win10

2. ciphered files in win10 after formatting a disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ciphered files in win10 after formatting a disk: I had some folders under cipher from windows bitlocker and I planned to format the unit that contained them, so I placed them on an external disk, hoping that after formatting the disk I could keep using the files. I didn't know that I needed to decipher them before, and I...
  3. ciphered files in win10 after formatting a disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ciphered files in win10 after formatting a disk: I had some folders under cipher from windows bitlocker and I planned to format the unit that contained them, so I placed them on an external disk, hoping that after formatting the disk I could keep using the files. I didn't know that I needed to decipher them before, and I...
  4. ciphered files in win10 after formatting a disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Decrypt Files After Formatting Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decrypt Files After Formatting Windows: I encrypted files then I formatted my windows 10 without saving the certificate, but I have the password. How can I decrypt these files in the new windows 10 without having the certificate?I have tried many ways to solve this issue but no one worked. Please help me with any...
  6. Decrypt Files After Formatting Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Decrypt Files After Formatting Windows: I encrypted files then I formatted my windows 10 without saving the certificate, but I have the password. How can I decrypt these files in the new windows 10 without having the certificate?I have tried many ways to solve this issue but no one worked. Please help me with any...
  7. Decrypt Files After Formatting Windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. native win10 backup file format

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    native win10 backup file format: Does the backup process that comes with win10 compress or encrypt the NAS destination files? Or can you pick open the files directly with a word processor? What happens if your backups are encrypted, your computer dies, and you want to restore to a different o/s or a later...
  9. Recover files after format and reset W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover files after format and reset W10: Hi! So, i have an toshiba HDD with windows 10. It was slow so i tried windows reset and option "fully clean the drive". It got stuck in a forever reboot so i had to took to a IT store and they formated the pc. Then i was able to enter. Since i bought a new pc, i gave this...
  10. File Explorer format changes after updates of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer format changes after updates of Windows 10: It is happened again. The last update changed my File Explorer format to group by day, week etc. I just want to have it sort alphabetically. I tried the solution given last August 2019 but it no longer works. I would really appreciate the help on this. Thanks....