Windows 10: File help

Discus and support File help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I just got done cleaning up some space on my hard drive (by just uninstalling steam and my games on my laptop) and now I'm having a problem with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ProgramLegend, Apr 26, 2016.

1. File help

So I just got done cleaning up some space on my hard drive (by just uninstalling steam and my games on my laptop) and now I'm having a problem with my download folder. I've looked all over google and gotten different advice but I can't seem to get it to work. I can't access the security portion of my properties option. Anytime I try to open it or do anything with it I get this message telling me the folder is unavailable for some reason.

Can anyone help me solve this issue? Thank you.

:)

ProgramLegend, Apr 26, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Apr 26, 2016
  3. {#help#} Win User
    {#help#}, Apr 26, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

File help

Hello, which folder in particular? Could you specify the path?
    You could try the permissions repairs in this rather useful tool- note the cautious stages it guides you through:
    Tweaking.com Repair tool (free)

Only select the repairs you are interested in.

dalchina, Apr 26, 2016
Thema:

File help

1. File help - Similar Threads - File help

2. Moved large file to usb, pressed cancel and now everything is gone. *NEED HELP IMMEDIATELY*

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moved large file to usb, pressed cancel and now everything is gone. *NEED HELP IMMEDIATELY*: Hi, so I was moving a very large file into my usb and it was working well so far until it reached a problem with something within the file pretty much saying "The name is too long" I only had two options to choose, skip or cancel. I clicked skip multiple times and it would...
  3. Please help BsoD! Please can someone tell me whats happening from the minidump file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help BsoD! Please can someone tell me whats happening from the minidump file?: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 100000ea Parameter 1: ffffe3041b63b080 Parameter 2: 0 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_17763 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 768_1 OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.768.101 Locale ID: 2057 Been Having issues with...
  4. need help diagnostic the freeze error in log collector, file in post

need help diagnostic the freeze error in log collector, file in post: newly built keep freezing mid gaming no matter the game. please find attached file for crash logs from log collector v2 beta, all i can get from it is error 10016 which is usually harmless, after testing my rig one by one i'm almost certain the reason for those freezes is...
  5. Help, looking to save files from a system that wont boot

Help, looking to save files from a system that wont boot: Have I lost everything? I have a Toshiba Satellite running Windows 10. Windows wont boot up and it reports Stopcode; "System Service Exception". At this point, I just want to retrieve my files even at the expense of destroying the laptop in the process if necessary. Some...
  6. I cant drag any of my files, help please??

I cant drag any of my files, help please??: So I've always dragged my files without any problems, however ever since the update, I cannot drag any of my files! Help please, I can't drag any file from folder to folder or from folder to the desktop. I tried this "method" where people left click and click escape but it...
  7. I need your help how to delete a file.

I need your help how to delete a file.: Hello everyone. I copied some videos from a DVD into my computer desktop, when being copied, there were some notepad like files created beside the video clips. I deleted most of them but one Itme cannot be deleted. It says "could not find the item" then says ''This is no...
  8. needs help how to print pdl file to HP printer?

needs help how to print pdl file to HP printer?: Hi there, how print PDL file to hp printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/needs-help-how-to-print-pdl-file-to-hp-printer/a114a23a-10fb-4b3b-a067-841da6f4d095"
  9. Requesting help to make files on my new computer readable. Right now the fonts are so...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Requesting help to make files on my new computer readable. Right now the fonts are so...: Purchased a new computer. When I open File Explorer, all of my files appear almost too small to read them. When I open a file folder, all of the files appear the same way. This situation applies to all of my software, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The font...
  10. System Restore Wont Work - Can't Extract a Certain FIle.. HELP!

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Wont Work - Can't Extract a Certain FIle.. HELP!: I cant do a system restore. When I try to i get an error that says this: [img] I deleted the recycle bin in safe mode. But after I tried to run system restore again i safe mode I get the same error message. The message says it failed to extract a certain file. I think...