Windows 10: File history/ Back-up

Discus and support File history/ Back-up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted my recovery partition and now I get an error saying check back-up settings. How can I re-install?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BilalShabazz, Mar 19, 2019.

1. File history/ Back-up

I accidentally deleted my recovery partition and now I get an error saying check back-up settings. How can I re-install?

:)

BilalShabazz, Mar 19, 2019
  2. #Jon# Win User

File History not backing up any files

Hello Victor

Thank you for the response. I had already checked that thread, but it hasn't helped me:

• The thread deals with Windows 8's implementation of File History, which is somewhat different to that of Windows 10.
    • Most of the thread deals with setting up File History (which I have already done, precisely following the recommended steps). The third link in the thread might have been useful since it appears to link to a page that deals with troubleshooting File History
      (as opposed to setting it up), but unfortunately the link is dead.
    Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#Jon#, Mar 19, 2019
  3. File History - Does not turn off

To assist you further, we suggest that you try to check on the link below:

Step by Step: File History

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Mar 19, 2019
  4. File history/ Back-up

File History never copies anything

Hi,

Temporary system failure is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. To help resolve the issue, we suggest deleting the files in the USB drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > Update & Security > Backup > More Options.
    • Click Stop using this drive.
    • Delete the File History folder on your external drive.
    • Try again to add the USB drive to backup File History.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

File history/ Back-up

1. File history/ Back-up - Similar Threads - File history

2. Is there an easy way to resurrect the option in file history "use a previous backup up on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there an easy way to resurrect the option in file history "use a previous backup up on...: Is there an easy way to resurrect the option in file history "use a previous backup up on this file history drive is missing". I have all my files from my old pc but cannot get the option to restore the files from the old back up as I made the mistake of turning on file...
  3. FIle History: Element not found when clean up old files since 2004/20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FIle History: Element not found when clean up old files since 2004/20H2: Hi, this request is similiar to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/file-history-element-not-found-error-on-windows-10/d7043300-9efe-4d83-ab6b-f71812981ca2 Other then he say, an In-place Upgrade did not solve the issue did from 2004 to 20H2....
  4. File explorer search box history dispears after click Quick access

File explorer search box history dispears after click Quick access: Windows 10 version 20h2 Steps to reproduce: 1. Open file explorer 2. type something in search box 3. clear search box 4. click search box again, you will see a drop down list showing recent search history 5. click the Quick access which is located at the top of file...
  5. File History

File History: Hi Everyone, Quick one regarding File History. I want to set up File History on my computer at home, as I used it at my work recently and it saved me a few times, but all my home files are on a NAS not the actual PC and i can't seem to select those folders for back up. I...
  6. Cannot select an existing back up drive in file history

Cannot select an existing back up drive in file history: I had to reinstall windows and am currently trying to restore my files from a previous backup. In the reinstall process, it gave my computer a new name. When I have tried to restore my files, I select the drive and only one back up folder is shown. The original back up...
  7. File History window not opening

File History window not opening: The backup function still works and files appear to be routinely updated and transferred to my external drive, however, I can't view the File History restore window itself to browse through backed up files and distinct versions of them. When I try to open on it, the icon...
  8. I can't open the File History window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open the File History window: The backup function still works and files appear to be routinely updated and transferred to my external drive, however, I can't view the File History restore window itself to browse through backed up files and distinct versions of them. When I try to open on it, the icon...
  9. File History new setup doesn't work

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History new setup doesn't work: Setup file history new per instructions I found online. Pretty straight forward select folders, select a drive, set frequency, tell it to perform first backup. All went fine and initial backup was created, and I could view required files in the Previous Versions tab of folder...
  10. I can't open the File History window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open the File History window: The backup function still works and files appear to be routinely updated and transferred to my external drive, however, I can't view the File History restore window itself to browse through backed up files and distinct versions of them. When I try to open on it, the icon...