Windows 10: File History Backup and Appdata folders

Discus and support File History Backup and Appdata folders in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two home computers both on an Office 365 subscription, Windows 10. Many ‘C:\...User’ folders are included in ‘File History, Backup’ by default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jimko46, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Jimko46 Win User

File History Backup and Appdata folders

I have two home computers both on an Office 365 subscription, Windows 10. Many ‘C:\...User’ folders are included in ‘File History, Backup’ by default but the ‘User\AppData’ folder is not. Is it a good idea to include any of the AppData folders in backups? For example, Outlook files are in the AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook folder and I am particularly concerned about backups for Outlook including Calendars and other personal folders. Perhaps just the ‘AppData\Local’ folder should be backed up? I don't know if there are other files in this or other AppData folders that should be added to The File History Backup process.

Thanks!

:)

Jimko46, Mar 31, 2019
  2. Leen76 Win User

Backup These Folders in File History

My Pictures and My Videos folders are inside the My Documents folder. In File History all three folders are listed in the Backup These Folders list. Does this mean that because of this, files in Pictures and Videos are backuped twice? Once when backing up
    My Documents and once when backing up My Pictures and My Videos (included in My Documents)

Leen76, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Does File History backup the contents of appdata?

Does File History backup the contents of appdata?

AlexanderFinch, Mar 31, 2019
  4. File History Backup and Appdata folders

Does File History backup the contents of appdata?

File History backs up Library folders, nothing else. To be sure that your files get backed up it is mandatory to go through the motions of retrieving some file. Only then can you be sure.

File History Backup and Appdata folders 9614837e-cb07-4a35-8118-7ae65e1531a4.jpg

Frederik Long, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

File History Backup and Appdata folders

1. File History Backup and Appdata folders - Similar Threads - File History Backup

2. Does File History Also Backup the Hidden Files and Hidden Folders Like AppData?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does File History Also Backup the Hidden Files and Hidden Folders Like AppData?: Hi Microsoft friends, does File History I think that's the weakest way to repair and recover compared to the many Windows tools to repair and recover- too many though it's confusing but File History is the to easiest use backup the hidden files and hidden folders in say the...
  3. Does File History Also Backup the Hidden Files and Hidden Folders Like AppData?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does File History Also Backup the Hidden Files and Hidden Folders Like AppData?: Hi Microsoft friends, does File History I think that's the weakest way to repair and recover compared to the many Windows tools to repair and recover- too many though it's confusing but File History is the to easiest use backup the hidden files and hidden folders in say the...
  4. File History backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History backup?: If I move a file from folder A already backedup in file history to a USB PenDrive to folder B, will it show up in folder B in FileHistory in the next backup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-backup/2135cd57-4a9e-4e43-9fd9-d1bbff65e057
  5. File history backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File history backup: I am planning to upgrade my notebook. Ques is, I have my data saved as file history in an external drive. Will I be able to restore data into new notebook from this file history?...
  6. File History for Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History for Backup: Are there any complete instructions how File History works and how one is to retrieve documents when needed. Also how to eliminate files when File History back up drive is full. Thanks.... RDH...
  7. Unable to add folders to File History Backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to add folders to File History Backup: Hi everyone, hopefully this is the right place to post. I’m trying to create a backup as part of a course and I’m running into issues. The assignment specifies using backup and restore (windows 7) for this, but when I click on setup backup nothing happens. The spinning wheel...
  8. file history, adding folders to backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file history, adding folders to backup: How do you backup file history? windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-adding-folders-to-backup/b3568a24-a3c3-48dd-a5c6-e625870bcd15
  9. Backup file history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backup file history: How do I set up File History to back up to an external hard drive in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/backup-file-history/2809c456-e34a-47f9-93ab-ea6c9188fd03"
  10. Backup Files and Folders with File History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup Files and Folders with File History in Windows 10: How to: Backup Files and Folders with File History in Windows 10 How to Manually Create a File History Backup in Windows 10 [img] Information File History was first introduced in Windows 8, and has been improved in Windows 10. You can use File History to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 backup appdata

2. windows appdata backup with filehistory

3. windows file history backup app data

4. windows 10 file history appdata path,
  5. windows 10 Appdata filehistory,
  6. appdata windows file history,
  7. view history from appdata,
  8. should i backup appdata directory windows 10,
  9. file history appdata folder,
  10. windows 10 backup appdata packages,
  11. backup appdata,