Windows 10: File History - can't change the backup destination G - new passport is D

Discus and support File History - can't change the backup destination G - new passport is D in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to do a backup of my new Thinkpad on a new Passport but can't change the destination G on the program.....Win 10 has designated the D for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarlSt.Laurent, Feb 15, 2019.

1. File History - can't change the backup destination G - new passport is D

I'm trying to do a backup of my new Thinkpad on a new Passport but can't change the destination G on the program.....Win 10 has designated the D for this necessary project.

:)

CarlSt.Laurent, Feb 15, 2019

2. Changing Destination Drive for Backup in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type in Backup and Restore.
    • Under Backup or restore your files select set up backup.
    • Once the set up starts you'll get an option to choose the destination drive.
    • And then follow the onscreen instructions.

For additional information refer to the link below and check if this helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/backup-and-restore-in-windows-10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 File History Backup

Windows 10 File History won't enable my WD Passport Ultra external drive for backup. Is the WD My Passport Ultra compatible with Windows 10?

KenCarter1347, Feb 15, 2019
  4. File History - can't change the backup destination G - new passport is D

Recover Files from Backup to new Computer D Drive

Step 1. Find and locate the folder path of your lost files in Windows 10/8 PC;

You may click on This PC to see the folder path where you lost files: Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos or Libraries etc.

Step 2. Type: File History in the search box > Select and click on Restore your files with File History;

Step 3. Click History button to show all your backed up folders;

Step 4. Choose what you want to restore and select the right version that you need > Click Restore button to get lost files back from File History backups;

Select 'Replace the file in the destination' if the computer already contains a file or folder with the same name.

You may also choose 'Skip This File' or 'Compare Info for Both Files' if there is a file conflict.

After getting your lost files restore from the File History backup, you can then exist Windows File History and continue use the restore files by now.

Source:
    https://www.easeus.com/file-recovery/restore-lo...

Andre Da Costa, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

File History - can't change the backup destination G - new passport is D

1. File History - can't change the backup destination G - new passport is D - Similar Threads - File History can't

2. File History backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History backup?: If I move a file from folder A already backedup in file history to a USB PenDrive to folder B, will it show up in folder B in FileHistory in the next backup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-backup/2135cd57-4a9e-4e43-9fd9-d1bbff65e057
  3. File history backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File history backup: I am planning to upgrade my notebook. Ques is, I have my data saved as file history in an external drive. Will I be able to restore data into new notebook from this file history?...
  4. File history backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File history backup: Windows 10 v 2004.I notice when selecting Settings-Windows Update-Backup-the option to "add a drive" to back up using file history has been replaced with "Automatically back up my files"although not ON as default. How does this work to back up to a seperate drive? 158363
  5. File History for Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History for Backup: Are there any complete instructions how File History works and how one is to retrieve documents when needed. Also how to eliminate files when File History back up drive is full. Thanks.... RDH...
  6. Windows 10 file history backup for drive D not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 file history backup for drive D not working: Hi everyone: I'm trying to set up a File History backup from a Windows 10 desktop to an external 4TB hard drive. I have a large internal 1TB drive D: that I've redirected all my user folders to (documents, desktop, pictures, music, etc.) so for convenience I want to just...
  7. Windows 10 file history backup for drive D not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 file history backup for drive D not working: Hi everyone: I'm trying to set up a File History backup from a Windows 10 desktop to an external 4TB hard drive. I have a large internal 1TB drive D: that I've redirected all my user folders to (documents, desktop, pictures, music, etc.) so for convenience I want to just...
  8. How to change my backup destination

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change my backup destination: I received a message on my PC that my File History Drive needed to be reconnected. When I followed the directions, I discovered that I no longer have that external drive (it got fried!) and I now have another external hard drive. How do I make it my new backup destination?...
  9. Change the backup drive for File History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the backup drive for File History: I'd like to change the backup drive for File History. How can I stop File History on the older physical drive and start File History on a new physical drive?...
  10. Backup file history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backup file history: How do I set up File History to back up to an external hard drive in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/backup-file-history/2809c456-e34a-47f9-93ab-ea6c9188fd03"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 Change the backup destination to a new destination