Windows 10: File History: Could not enable File History, this service cannot start, either it is...

Discus and support File History: Could not enable File History, this service cannot start, either it is... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; File History: Could not enable File History, this service cannot start, either it is disabled or no enabled devices associated with it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by guytaieb1, Nov 14, 2018.

1. guytaieb1 Win User

File History: Could not enable File History, this service cannot start, either it is...

File History: Could not enable File History, this service cannot start, either it is disabled or no enabled devices associated with it

:)

guytaieb1, Nov 14, 2018

2. Windows 10 File History Not Working

This issue can also happen if Indexing service (Windows Search service) is disabled. To check this setting, kindly follow these steps:

• Open Run and type Service.msc.
    • Double-click on Windows Search and check if it's disabled. Set it to
      Automatic.
    • Click on Apply, then choose OK.

This setting scans and inspects the file system from time to time. It looks for changes to backup your files when you start using the File History.

Additionally, we suggest checking 'Mike P's reply to a similar concern found on this thread posted last October 4, 2015:

File History - Could not enable File History
    . Renaming the folder did the trick relating the same issue.

Let us know of the status or progress regarding your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Nov 14, 2018
  3. henryo303 Win User
    File History - Could not enable File History

Method 1 results: Safe mode with network: As before, it found the drive,

but this time when I clicked the button "Turn on" I got the message: Could

not enable File History; This service cannot be started in Safe Mode.

Method 2 results: I did not do a clean boot because my computer did not

run fine. I still couldn't use the external hard drive in File History.

henryo303, Nov 14, 2018
  4. File History: Could not enable File History, this service cannot start, either it is...

Windows 10 OS on a laptop. unable to enable file history

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you are having issues in using File History is because the system cannot trace the path where you saved your backup/s. To enable File History, simply follow the steps below:

• Connect your external drive and on the Start menu search box, type File History and select the first result.
    • Once it opens it will search for your connected drive and click to turn it on.
    • Next you’ll get the message that File History is saving copies of your files for the first time.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

File History: Could not enable File History, this service cannot start, either it is...

1. File History: Could not enable File History, this service cannot start, either it is... - Similar Threads - File History enable

2. Could not enable file history - parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not enable file history - parameter is incorrect: Dear Support,I cannot enable file history and keep getting the infamous error "Could not enable file history - the parameter is incorrect" I have tried using services to restart file history, windows backup, windows search etc. without any luck..In the file history...
  3. Could not enable file history - parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could not enable file history - parameter is incorrect: Dear Support,I cannot enable file history and keep getting the infamous error "Could not enable file history - the parameter is incorrect" I have tried using services to restart file history, windows backup, windows search etc. without any luck..In the file history...
  4. Could not enable file history - parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. "Could not reassociate with File History Data"

"Could not reassociate with File History Data": Can someone please help me with restoring my files using the File History functionality? I have tried reading all the other threads on this issues, but none seemed to work. When I try to select drive, and then go to Select an existing backup, the details are correct but then...
  6. "Could not reassociate with File History data"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Could not reassociate with File History data": My backup scenario includes File History and two USB sticks that I alternate weekly. Today when I try to use the other USB, this error message appears:Could not reassociate with File History dataThe service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has...
  7. File History could Not Start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File History could Not Start: I was using my laptop win 10 and had message to connect file history which I did by clicking then it went on to rover and ended up could not start. Diagnosed and reset and still would not start. Microsoft ruined my laptop [Original Title: Win 10]...
  8. Could not enable File History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Could not enable File History: Trying to enable file history in Windows 10 When I try to enable the file history option - Any pointers are welcome. I have tried several solutions found on the general web searches. Nothing has worked. Thanks in advance Dave [ATTACH]...
  9. Could not enable file history.

Could not enable file history.: I keep getting the message Could not enable file history. I can not use the file history for backup of my files. As a result I save my files by coping each file manually. How does one enable a file to be used by file history?...
  10. File History will not enable.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File History will not enable.: Hello, been using W10 steadily since it came out, and have developed mixed feelings about it. I've been trying to set up one of my redundant drives as my backup and as such a file history drive. The problem starts when I select it, and click "Turn on" It will try and back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Safe mode enable file history

2. could not enable file history the service cannot be started windows 10