Windows 10: File History Error 200 Every 2 Days?

Discus and support File History Error 200 Every 2 Days? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I get the FH history error 200 every 2 to 3 days without fail which according to Event Viewer says this "Unable to start a backup cycle for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by nixed, Apr 1, 2021.

1. nixed Win User

File History Error 200 Every 2 Days?

I get the FH history error 200 every 2 to 3 days without fail which according to Event Viewer says this
    "Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config"
    I fix it by stopping FH using my current drive but that often gets a 0x80070020 error which forces me to recover a old hard drive image backup. If not I am able to fix it by deleting the configuration files (which are in use if I can't stop windows using my current drive) and loose all my backups and have to start again. It's getting very frustrating loosing my backups without fail to the same error with no solution in sight. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 20H2. Any help would be hugely appreciated!

:)

nixed, Apr 1, 2021
  2. nixed Win User

I'll keep it in mind thanks! But when I try stopping File History it gives me the error but doing it via the advanced settings for File History seems to have more luck so might be the way to go. Hopefully I don't get any error 200 sometime soon File History Error 200 Every 2 Days? :)

nixed, Apr 1, 2021
  3. nixed Win User

I get the FH history error 200 every 2 to 3 days without fail which according to Event Viewer says this
    "Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config"
    I fix it by stopping FH using my current drive but that often gets a 0x80070020 error which forces me to recover a old hard drive image backup. If not I am able to fix it by deleting the configuration files (which are in use if I can't stop windows using my current drive) and loose all my backups and have to start again. It's getting very frustrating loosing my backups without fail to the same error with no solution in sight. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 20H2. Any help would be hugely appreciated!

nixed, Apr 1, 2021
  4. nixed Win User

Problem is for me if I try to delete the config files it says some of them are in use, and stopping drive gives me the 0x80070020 error. Is it just Config1 and Config2 you delete? Or all the files in the config folder?

nixed, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. File History Error 200 Every 2 Days? - Similar Threads - File History Error

2. File History Error 201 Every Day?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File History Error 201 Every Day?: I get this File History notification just about every day. I have changed the retention to 1 month but that had no effect. I get the error about File Hist Cleanup.I have been using Macrium for about a year.Can you help me correct the File History errors?I hope the included...
  3. File History Error 201 Every Day?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History Error 201 Every Day?: I get this File History notification just about every day. I have changed the retention to 1 month but that had no effect. I get the error about File Hist Cleanup.I have been using Macrium for about a year.Can you help me correct the File History errors?I hope the included...
  4. File History Error 201 Every Day?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSoD every 1-2 days

BSoD every 1-2 days: I get BSoDs every 1-2 days while using my computer, it restarts and boots back immediately but it's getting annoying, minidump files and msinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AumN4IeuuOd9gy10p9mAVwwN1u7n?e=YEoMCf I didn't make any changes before and after the BSoDs started, i'm not...
  6. BSoD every 1-2 days.

BSoD every 1-2 days.: Hi, I've been getting lots of BSoDs recently. System was also stuttering a lot - audio and video drops. The stuttering problem seemed to have been caused by my joystick - a faulty connection I think. I've unplugged that and thought all was well until another BSoD this...
  7. File History Error Not Backing Up - Error 200

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History Error Not Backing Up - Error 200: I love FileHistory I use it to keep and backup files I will change a lot such as documents and coding projects but lately I've been getting the error 200 "Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration saying this Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration...
  8. File History Error 200 Every 2 Days?

in Windows 10 Support
    File History Error 200 Every 2 Days?: I get the FH history error 200 every 2 to 3 days without fail which according to Event Viewer says this "Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config" I fix it by stopping FH using my current drive...
  9. Windows Deleted All File History Versions Error 200

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Deleted All File History Versions Error 200: So I was trying to fix a File History 200 error with the configuration file and suddenly Windows deleted all File History versions which Is store on a internal HDD (not the one used for my OS installation. Is there anyway to get my old versions back? Windows just decided to...
  10. Proxy error happens daily or every 2 days

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy error happens daily or every 2 days: I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 that has been working great. Recently, I bought a new Dell G3 3579. Both connected to Microsoft account, different users but same account. Ever since I bought the new G3 the old 7559 has issues connecting to the internet due to proxy error,...