Windows 10: File History Error Not Backing Up - Error 200

Discus and support File History Error Not Backing Up - Error 200 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I love FileHistory I use it to keep and backup files I will change a lot such as documents and coding projects but lately I've been getting the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by nixed, May 16, 2021.

1. nixed Win User

File History Error Not Backing Up - Error 200

I love FileHistory I use it to keep and backup files I will change a lot such as documents and coding projects but lately I've been getting the error 200 "Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration saying this Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config I can turn off FH then delete the APPDATA local and roaming folders of all config files and restart FH again but then within a day or 2 I'll get the error again. Now I'm getting it multiple times a day, is there anything I'm missing because everyone else doesn't seem to have FH break everyday like this :/

:)

nixed, May 16, 2021
  2. nixed Win User

File History Error 200 Every 2 Days?

I'll keep it in mind thanks! But when I try stopping File History it gives me the error but doing it via the advanced settings for File History seems to have more luck so might be the way to go. Hopefully I don't get any error 200 sometime soon File History Error Not Backing Up - Error 200 :)

nixed, May 16, 2021
  3. nixed Win User
    Windows Deleted All File History Versions Error 200

So I was trying to fix a File History 200 error with the configuration file and suddenly Windows deleted all File History versions which Is store on a internal HDD (not the one used for my OS installation. Is there anyway to get my old versions back? Windows just decided to delete them all without asking... I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 20H2. What happened just before the File Versions were deleted was when I tried stop using a drive for FH I would get error code 0x80070020 which has happened again. :/

nixed, May 16, 2021
  4. nixed Win User

File History Error 200 Every 2 Days?

Deleting the config file usually resets things, personally just had File History give me the 200 error again. Which is really annoying as I haven't had any updates or modified anything at all :/

nixed, May 16, 2021
Thema:

1. File History Error Not Backing Up - Error 200 - Similar Threads - File History Error

2. Error Backing Up with File History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error Backing Up with File History: I have just started the first backup yesterday. It worked fine, but now I removed two folders from the backup set and now when I try to back up I get this error....
  3. Error Backing Up with File History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Backing Up with File History: I have just started the first backup yesterday. It worked fine, but now I removed two folders from the backup set and now when I try to back up I get this error....
  4. Error Backing Up with File History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File History Error 200 Every 2 Days?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History Error 200 Every 2 Days?: I get the FH history error 200 every 2 to 3 days without fail which according to Event Viewer says this "Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config" I fix it by stopping FH using my current drive...
  6. File History Error 200 Every 2 Days?

in Windows 10 Support
    File History Error 200 Every 2 Days?: I get the FH history error 200 every 2 to 3 days without fail which according to Event Viewer says this "Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config" I fix it by stopping FH using my current drive...
  7. Windows Deleted All File History Versions Error 200

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Deleted All File History Versions Error 200: So I was trying to fix a File History 200 error with the configuration file and suddenly Windows deleted all File History versions which Is store on a internal HDD (not the one used for my OS installation. Is there anyway to get my old versions back? Windows just decided to...
  8. File history no longer backs up (Error 80070005)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File history no longer backs up (Error 80070005): I've come across an issue where File History no longer backs up my files and when I try to do it manually, the error "We can't copy files to your file history drive. Failed to initiate user data backup (error 80070005)" pops up. I've looked up what the error is and it's an...
  9. Back-up and File History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Back-up and File History: I use Windows 10 Back-up and I swap between 2 Passport Drives every month so as to put one at a time safely away from the PC. Trouble is, whenever I Add A Drive, the default settings are Back Up Hourly and Keep Forever. And to back up folders I never use like Saved Games and...
  10. File history/ Back-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File history/ Back-up: I accidentally deleted my recovery partition and now I get an error saying check back-up settings. How can I re-install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-back-up/83dfd074-f1b6-4cfc-8d02-4e0945a155de