Windows 10: File History File Backup and Scheduling Issues

Discus and support File History File Backup and Scheduling Issues in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I just discovered File History is not backing up some OneDrive local folders. I've checked the folders can be accessed OK using Explorer. What should I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Steve C, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Steve C Win User

File History File Backup and Scheduling Issues

I just discovered File History is not backing up some OneDrive local folders. I've checked the folders can be accessed OK using Explorer. What should I check to ensure File History backs up all the folders? Note I use scheduled Reflect backups mainly and File History is only needed for recent files.

File History is also set to backup every 3 hours but the last backup was done 3 days ago despite the PC being on every day for 3 hours. Why isn't it backing up using the defined schedule?

:)

Steve C, Feb 17, 2020

2. Schedule time for File History backups?

I have 'File History' scheduled for 'Daily'. Please elaborate on when this scheduled 'Daily' File History backup runs. Can I control the schedule time? Also, I normally keep my File History backup drive disconnected. Does File History resume when I
    plug the drive back in. If not, why not?

Tony and NancyNugent, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User

I just discovered File History is not backing up some OneDrive local folders. I've checked the folders can be accessed OK using Explorer. What should I check to ensure File History backs up all the folders? Note I use scheduled Reflect backups mainly and File History is only needed for recent files.

File History is also set to backup every 3 hours but the last backup was done 3 days ago despite the PC being on every day for 3 hours. Why isn't it backing up using the defined schedule?

Steve C, Feb 24, 2020
  4. File History File Backup and Scheduling Issues

Schedule time for File History backups?

The Windows Backup for files and system image has a schedule that allows me to run this once a week at a certain time. All well and good.

The File History backup only seems to have a schedule that allows me to run this daily BUT does not appear to allow me to schedule what time of day I want the backup to run.

Is there a way to schedule the time to run a DAILY File History backup?

FrankTekstar, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

1. File History File Backup and Scheduling Issues - Similar Threads - File History File

2. File History File Backup and Scheduling Issues

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History File Backup and Scheduling Issues: I just discovered File History is not backing up some OneDrive local folders. I've checked the folders can be accessed OK using Explorer. What should I check to ensure File History backs up all the folders? Note I use scheduled Reflect backups mainly and File History is only...
  3. File History/File Backup

in Windows 10 Customization
    File History/File Backup: What is the best way to back up my computer using Windows 10. I was using File History and it is not completing the process. [ATTACH] The screen capture shows a backup on 10/15/2019 but there are no updated files showing up on my external drive....
  4. Cannot backup files to file history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot backup files to file history: Hi, I am trying to backup my files to file history for the first time. When I do so, it says that file history is backing up your files for the first time. However, a few minutes later, the backup stops. When I check the settings app, it tells me that my files have not been...
  5. Backup Using File History

Backup Using File History: I use File History in Win 10 to back up my files to a 500GB WD My Passport portable hard drive. I also use WD SmartWare installed from the WD drive to back up my files. This seems redundant and maybe overkill. Is it safe to rely solely on File History which would allow...
  6. Problem with file history backup

Problem with file history backup: I cannot change the drive for FILE HISTORY. I have been able to remove the old drive but although the drive I want is listed, clicking it has no effect. Is FILE HISTORY of much use anyway? I have not bothered with it before, and when I look at what has been saved it seems...
  7. Backup and Restore with File History

Backup and Restore with File History: I'm backing up using file history. If I indicate a folder structure such as c:\Users, do all subordinate or child folders and files contained therein get backed up. I tried a test of this and it does not seem to do the backup. Is there a switch somewhere that I'm missing?...
  8. Backup file history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backup file history: How do I set up File History to back up to an external hard drive in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/backup-file-history/2809c456-e34a-47f9-93ab-ea6c9188fd03"
  9. Backup using File History

Backup using File History: Does File History (Libraries) Backups utilize the time schedule I created for Automatic Backups? 62035
  10. File History Schedule

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File History Schedule: Does anyone know if it's possible to invoke the file history backup procedure for a certain time? I'd like to be able to configure it to backup over night only (i.e. at 2am) - but I can't find a way to be able to set it to certain time. 15604