Windows 10: File history folder

Discus and support File history folder in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 v 2004 64 Bit:I have a notification saying that my file history folder has been disconnected for too long re- connect it now.When I type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Terrysutt, Sep 16, 2020 at 8:47 AM.

1. Terrysutt Win User

File history folder

Windows 10 v 2004 64 Bit:I have a notification saying that my file history folder has been disconnected
    for too long re- connect it now.When I type file history folder into the search box,it just says Toshiba F.
    Where do I find this to re-connect and is it important?

:)

2. How to remove folders from File History

• I had the same problem, and I solved in this way:
      Control Panel -> System and Security-> File History -> Turn off
      Settings -> Update & Security -> Backup -> More options -> Stop using this drive
      Delete the File History folder in your external drive.
      Start using File History again.
      After performing these steps, I can easily add folders to "Excluded Folders" and they remain excluded. I checked in the actual files and folders saved on the external disk, and it works.
      I did not modify the default settings about how often and how long backup is saved, File History is working ok now. So I guess it is important to click "Stop using this drive" in order to reset File History.
      Hope this will be helpful

3. ALN
    ALN Win User
    How to remove folders from File History

That did it - Thank you Mila!

4. ALN
    ALN Win User

File history folder

How to remove folders from File History

That does not work. Even though I do the delete from the "Back up these folders" from the list, it still backs it up - and when I close out of Settings and then go back in, the folder re-appears in the list.

However, Mila's suggestion worked. Is it possible that folders in my Library cannot be removed from the "Back up these folders" list?

Thema:

File history folder

1. File history folder - Similar Threads - File history folder

2. File history folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File history folder: Windows 10 v 2004 64 Bit:I have a notification saying that my file history folder has been disconnected for too long re- connect it now.When I type file history folder into the search box,it just says Toshiba F. Where do I find this to re-connect and is it important? 164596
  3. Can't add folder to File History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't add folder to File History: I'm in Backup options of File History 1. Press + Add folder 2. Choose a folder with Google Drive on disk J 3. Nothing happens - no errors, no logs, just nothing This problem in Feedback Hub https://aka.ms/AA8mqq8 Should I search for another backup solution on Windows 10?...
  4. File History Won’t Select Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File History Won’t Select Folder: Hello folks. I’m having some trouble backing up a drive and thought someone here might be able to help. I have multiple drives installed on my PC and am trying to back them all up to one external drive (there’s plenty of HD space). Two of the three back up fine, but for the...
  5. file history, adding folders to backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file history, adding folders to backup: How do you backup file history? windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-adding-folders-to-backup/b3568a24-a3c3-48dd-a5c6-e625870bcd15
  6. Some folders are missing in File History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some folders are missing in File History: I have a strange issue because I can find some folders in Properties but File History panel doesn’t show them. How can I make them visible from the Control Panel?...
  7. File History Setting Included Files and Folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File History Setting Included Files and Folders: It is fairly obvious how one can EXCLUDE Folders and Files from drive C: but: How can I set File History to INCLUDE Folders and Files from another drive built in to my PC e.g. Data (D:)?...
  8. Moving File History Folder

Moving File History Folder: I have my File History on a physical internal hard drive that is now almost completely full. I wanted to know if I could move the entire fie history to a newer and much larger drive? I understand I can create a new File History drive but I'm assuming in doing this I will...
  9. Restoring File History after renaming "File History" folder

Restoring File History after renaming "File History" folder: New here and first time posting here so I apologize if Im in the wrong section. So I made a file back up onto a 2TB My Passport external hard drive using Windows 10 File History backup. I later renamed the folder to something other than the standard "FileHistory" windows...
  10. File history skipping files / folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File history skipping files / folders: I have custom libraries set up to back up my X:\Pictures directory and it's been backing up just fine. I dumped a large amount of pictures to a sub folder and didn't get around to deleting the bad ones before file history threw them on my history drive. No big deal, I went...