Windows 10: File history folder

Discus and support File history folder in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Windows 10 v 2004 64 Bit:I have a notification saying that my file history folder has been disconnected for too long re- connect it now.When I type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Terrysutt, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Terrysutt Win User

File history folder

Windows 10 v 2004 64 Bit:I have a notification saying that my file history folder has been disconnected
    for too long re- connect it now.When I type file history folder into the search box,it just says Toshiba F.
    Where do I find this to re-connect and is it important?

:)

Terrysutt, Sep 17, 2020

2. How to remove folders from File History

• I had the same problem, and I solved in this way:
      Control Panel -> System and Security-> File History -> Turn off
      Settings -> Update & Security -> Backup -> More options -> Stop using this drive
      Delete the File History folder in your external drive.
      Start using File History again.
      After performing these steps, I can easily add folders to "Excluded Folders" and they remain excluded. I checked in the actual files and folders saved on the external disk, and it works.
      I did not modify the default settings about how often and how long backup is saved, File History is working ok now. So I guess it is important to click "Stop using this drive" in order to reset File History.
      Hope this will be helpful

mila parker, Sep 17, 2020
  3. ALN
    ALN Win User
    How to remove folders from File History

That did it - Thank you Mila!

4. ALN
    ALN Win User

File history folder

How to remove folders from File History

That does not work. Even though I do the delete from the "Back up these folders" from the list, it still backs it up - and when I close out of Settings and then go back in, the folder re-appears in the list.

However, Mila's suggestion worked. Is it possible that folders in my Library cannot be removed from the "Back up these folders" list?

Thema:

File history folder

1. File history folder - Similar Threads - File history folder

2. File History files/folders invisible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History files/folders invisible: I had trouble getting File History turned on for an external hard drive. Finally it's working. However, I cannot see folders and files on the drive, even though I can go to properties and see that the drive is full. Is there a way to see, and perhaps access, the folders and...
  3. File History files/folders invisible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History files/folders invisible: I had trouble getting File History turned on for an external hard drive. Finally it's working. However, I cannot see folders and files on the drive, even though I can go to properties and see that the drive is full. Is there a way to see, and perhaps access, the folders and...
  4. File History files/folders invisible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Merge several file history folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merge several file history folders: My computer was saving my file history backup on a external drive and I have 3- Six month folders that won’t have many changes and they are each 1.4+Tb. Is there a way to merge/combine them into 1 folder with only 1 copy of each file? I am no longer having windows save file...
  6. File history folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File history folder: Windows 10 v 2004 64 Bit:I have a notification saying that my file history folder has been disconnected for too long re- connect it now.When I type file history folder into the search box,it just says Toshiba F. Where do I find this to re-connect and is it important? 164596
  7. File History Setting Included Files and Folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File History Setting Included Files and Folders: It is fairly obvious how one can EXCLUDE Folders and Files from drive C: but: How can I set File History to INCLUDE Folders and Files from another drive built in to my PC e.g. Data (D:)?...
  8. Moving File History Folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Moving File History Folder: I have my File History on a physical internal hard drive that is now almost completely full. I wanted to know if I could move the entire fie history to a newer and much larger drive? I understand I can create a new File History drive but I'm assuming in doing this I will...
  9. Restoring File History after renaming "File History" folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring File History after renaming "File History" folder: New here and first time posting here so I apologize if Im in the wrong section. So I made a file back up onto a 2TB My Passport external hard drive using Windows 10 File History backup. I later renamed the folder to something other than the standard "FileHistory" windows...
  10. File history skipping files / folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File history skipping files / folders: I have custom libraries set up to back up my X:\Pictures directory and it's been backing up just fine. I dumped a large amount of pictures to a sub folder and didn't get around to deleting the bad ones before file history threw them on my history drive. No big deal, I went...