Windows 10: File History Function cannot backup files in D:\Users\%UserName%\Documents

Discus and support File History Function cannot backup files in D:\Users\%UserName%\Documents in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have set the whole D drive as Backup Include Folder but it still doesn't work... I have even tried to modify the config1.xml and config2.xml file in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kind03, May 21, 2022.

1. kind03 Win User

File History Function cannot backup files in D:\Users\%UserName%\Documents

I have set the whole D drive as Backup Include Folder but it still doesn't work... I have even tried to modify the config1.xml and config2.xml file in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\ConfigurationIt is very weird that I did see a line: <FolderExclude Hidden="true">D:\Users\hxq\Documents</FolderExclude>After I removed it from both config1.xml and config2.xml and then triggered the backup job, this line came back!!Then I tried to remove this line from the confg1.xml and config2.xml in both my C Drive and my target Driver, this line haven't come back y

:)

kind03, May 21, 2022
  2. ahmd Win User

Windows 10 file history backup for drive D not working

Hi everyone:

I'm trying to set up a File History backup from a Windows 10 desktop to an external 4TB hard drive. I have a large internal 1TB drive D: that I've redirected all my user folders to (documents, desktop, pictures, music, etc.) so for convenience I want to just backup drive D, which I added to the file history list of folders to include in the backup.

But it hasn't backed up anything, even if I click "Backup now" it tries for a little bit and does nothing.

What am I missing there?

3. Steve C Win User
    File History Backup making multiple copies

File History isn't entirely reliable. When it plays up I reset File History as follows:

1. Stop FH
    2. Delete the FH configuration files at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration
    3. Restart FH and select to use the same backup drive as before

Steve C, May 21, 2022
  4. Steve C Win User

Unable to Backup / update File History

File History (FH) sometimes gives me problems. I reset it as follows:
    1. Stop FH
    2. Delete the FH configuration files at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration
    3. Restart FH and select to use the same backup drive as before

Steve C, May 21, 2022
Thema:

1. File History Function cannot backup files in D:\Users\%UserName%\Documents - Similar Threads - File History Function

2. File History Function cannot backup files in D:\Users\%UserName%\Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History Function cannot backup files in D:\Users\%UserName%\Documents: I have set the whole D drive as Backup Include Folder but it still doesn't work... I have even tried to modify the config1.xml and config2.xml file in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\ConfigurationIt is very weird that I did see a line:...
  3. File History Function cannot backup files in D:\Users\%UserName%\Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History Function cannot backup files in D:\Users\%UserName%\Documents: I have set the whole D drive as Backup Include Folder but it still doesn't work... I have even tried to modify the config1.xml and config2.xml file in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\ConfigurationIt is very weird that I did see a line:...
  4. File History backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History backup?: If I move a file from folder A already backedup in file history to a USB PenDrive to folder B, will it show up in folder B in FileHistory in the next backup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-backup/2135cd57-4a9e-4e43-9fd9-d1bbff65e057
  5. Documents folder is in D:\users\username\pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder is in D:\users\username\pictures: Win 10 20H2 ver: 19042.1052 I have my SSD partitioned with programs on C and data on D. All was going well for several years until I thought I would try to use Onedrive as a backup and found all my users folders moved to Onedrive so I tried to move them out and now I have my...
  6. File history backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File history backup: I am planning to upgrade my notebook. Ques is, I have my data saved as file history in an external drive. Will I be able to restore data into new notebook from this file history?...
  7. Files/backup/File History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files/backup/File History: I have an external hard drive for backups and files history, I went to storage and directed the files to its drive, so how do I stop 10 from sending it to onedrive and my external drive? Now that the program files are not on my C drive do I have to reinstall 10 again?...
  8. File History for Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History for Backup: Are there any complete instructions how File History works and how one is to retrieve documents when needed. Also how to eliminate files when File History back up drive is full. Thanks.... RDH...
  9. File History/File Backup

in Windows 10 Customization
    File History/File Backup: What is the best way to back up my computer using Windows 10. I was using File History and it is not completing the process. [ATTACH] The screen capture shows a backup on 10/15/2019 but there are no updated files showing up on my external drive....
  10. Cannot backup files to file history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot backup files to file history: Hi, I am trying to backup my files to file history for the first time. When I do so, it says that file history is backing up your files for the first time. However, a few minutes later, the backup stops. When I check the settings app, it tells me that my files have not been...