Windows 10: File History grown

Discus and support File History grown in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Why did my "File History" backup all of a sudden grow to 130Gig? 126743 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jackmcgann, Feb 7, 2019.

1. File History grown

Why did my "File History" backup all of a sudden grow to 130Gig?

:)

jackmcgann, Feb 7, 2019
  2. #Jon# Win User

File History not backing up any files

Hello Victor

Thank you for the response. I had already checked that thread, but it hasn't helped me:

• The thread deals with Windows 8's implementation of File History, which is somewhat different to that of Windows 10.
    • Most of the thread deals with setting up File History (which I have already done, precisely following the recommended steps). The third link in the thread might have been useful since it appears to link to a page that deals with troubleshooting File History
      (as opposed to setting it up), but unfortunately the link is dead.
    Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#Jon#, Feb 7, 2019
  3. File History - Does not turn off

To assist you further, we suggest that you try to check on the link below:

Step by Step: File History

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Feb 7, 2019
  4. File History grown

File History never copies anything

Hi,

Temporary system failure is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. To help resolve the issue, we suggest deleting the files in the USB drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > Update & Security > Backup > More Options.
    • Click Stop using this drive.
    • Delete the File History folder on your external drive.
    • Try again to add the USB drive to backup File History.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

File History grown

1. File History grown - Similar Threads - File History grown

2. file history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file history: Question: I have a new device running linux mint...is there a method where I can transfer all my files from file history (on an external drive) to the linux device? In other words...put docs in doc folder, photos in photo folder, videos in video folder etc etc...Thx......
  3. History File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    History File: Nearly every day I have to run a repair on my history file. (I'm using a USB for backup) I run "repair" and it is always successful.... According to "Show Details" (Warnings etc.) this has been going on since 12/15/2017 through 2/7/2019 (Doesn't show the last three months and...
  4. File history

File history: I use file history fo backup, it works fine, except the 'last backup' date never changes. Has anyone else seen / fixed this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history/b4696212-cf15-425e-91fe-770dba80bdc0
  5. File History

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History: File history is not initiating after setup. After setup and performing manual backup, no files are copied to backup usb drive. Data folder is empty. 124449
  6. File History

File History: My File History is not working. It won't let me choose where to save my back up. My external hard drive isn't showing up in the menu to choose. And the choice to change drives for saving is just a grey box. And the Microsoft 7 backup doesn't completely do a back up is stalls...
  7. File History

File History: My USB external hard drive remains connected to my computer. I keep getting the message "Your File History drive was disconnected for too long. Reconnect, then click to keep saving copies of files." I have researched Microsoft websites and find topics on File History but...
  8. file history

file history: File history does dot auto-back up to external drive : no MS who can give a bloody solution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history/e6bd7957-a2ea-488b-b5cd-411774751bad
  9. File History

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History: Hi. Hope I have posted this in the correct forum - I could not find a 'Backup & Restore' page. I have just purchased a NAS drive and I am going to enable Windows 10 to backup to this using File History. My question is, how does windows store these files? For...
  10. file history

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    file history: Hi, I am having an issue with File History. On opening File History, I occasionally get the message: "Your File History drive disconnected for too long. To keep saving copies of your files, reconnect your drive and run backup" I don't understand. I use an external enclosure...