Windows 10: File History grown

Discus and support File History grown in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Why did my "File History" backup all of a sudden grow to 130Gig? 126743 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jackmcgann, Feb 7, 2019.

1. File History grown

Why did my "File History" backup all of a sudden grow to 130Gig?

:)

jackmcgann, Feb 7, 2019
  2. #Jon# Win User

File History not backing up any files

Hello Victor

Thank you for the response. I had already checked that thread, but it hasn't helped me:

• The thread deals with Windows 8's implementation of File History, which is somewhat different to that of Windows 10.
    • Most of the thread deals with setting up File History (which I have already done, precisely following the recommended steps). The third link in the thread might have been useful since it appears to link to a page that deals with troubleshooting File History
      (as opposed to setting it up), but unfortunately the link is dead.
    Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#Jon#, Feb 7, 2019
  3. File History - Does not turn off

To assist you further, we suggest that you try to check on the link below:

Step by Step: File History

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Feb 7, 2019
  4. File History grown

File History never copies anything

Hi,

Temporary system failure is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. To help resolve the issue, we suggest deleting the files in the USB drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > Update & Security > Backup > More Options.
    • Click Stop using this drive.
    • Delete the File History folder on your external drive.
    • Try again to add the USB drive to backup File History.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

File History grown

1. File History grown - Similar Threads - File History grown

2. File History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File History: File History seems to have stopped working. I've tried backing up from my PC W10, 21H1 version to two Passports. Each time I get the "run now" message, then a message only a few seconds later that the back-up is complete, but the total TB/GB amount free figure on the Passport...
  3. File History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History: I have Windows 11 and cannot find the previous Windows 10 setup page that allowed inclusion of desired files as well as the removal of those not needed by the user. All it appears to do is to save files chosen by the program, most of which I don't need and cannot erase. Can...
  4. File History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History: I have Windows 11 and cannot find the previous Windows 10 setup page that allowed inclusion of desired files as well as the removal of those not needed by the user. All it appears to do is to save files chosen by the program, most of which I don't need and cannot erase. Can...
  5. FILE HISTORY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FILE HISTORY: Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen:FILE HISTORY is sending error messages: Reconnect Drive, then File system limitations. The drive was not recognized by file history ,then next the backup would not be made.How is file history turned on, reconnected, and working properly...
  6. FILE HISTORY

FILE HISTORY: FILE HISTORY NOTIFICATIONS OF FILES SKIPPED I CREATED A LIBRARY BUT FILE HISTORY WOULD NOT COPY IT AUTOMATICALLY. I CHANGED IT TO A FOLDER BUT DOES NOT COPY ACCORDING TO THE ERROR MESSAGES OF FILES SKIPPED. IT DOES COPY MANUALLY....
  7. File History

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History: for some reason the last update I received i can not back up files at all. Its say my file history is turned off and i never did that.When i go to my control panel and hit file history it does not show Phil 174019
  8. File history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File history: Hi, Only get this error on older files once I edit the file it will get backup. I get the following error Files that are encrypted with Encrypting File System, on a network location, or on a drive that doesn’t use the NTFS file system can’t be backed up. They were all...
  9. File History

File History: For some unknown reason, I opened my laptop and noticed that I had to manually minimize windows to see others. I tried to see if it was connected to setting in file history and found that file history was turned off and it said no usable file drive found. I don't know if it...
  10. File History

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History: Hi. Hope I have posted this in the correct forum - I could not find a 'Backup & Restore' page. I have just purchased a NAS drive and I am going to enable Windows 10 to backup to this using File History. My question is, how does windows store these files? For...