Windows 10: File History, Image Backup

Discus and support File History, Image Backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; File History image backup fails to complete as of last Windows update. However, Backup & Restore (Windows 7) image backup works correctly. As a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WarrenFurber, Feb 7, 2019.

1. File History, Image Backup

File History image backup fails to complete as of last Windows update. However, Backup & Restore (Windows 7) image backup works correctly. As a result the backup is on the external hard drive, but I get Notifications on waking up the computer " Check your Backup".

File History and Backup & Restore (Windows 7) image backup should be the same.

Warren Furber

:)

WarrenFurber, Feb 7, 2019

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Backup using file history

Thanks Robeline

I was going by other advice and articles that suggest that backing up under Update and security/backup is now the way to go. I will try your suggestion.

Doug

DougWalsh1, Feb 7, 2019
  4. File History, Image Backup

Backup using file history

Hi Doug,

There are limited options when using backup and restore. We suggest that you create a full backup using Windows 10 system image tool, you need to connect external storage with enough available space. See steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
    • On the left pane, click the Create a system image link.
    • Under Where do you want to save the backup?, select the
      On a hard disk
      option.
    • Using the "On a hard disk" drop-down menu, select the storage to save the backup.
    • Click the Start backup button.

Note: Once you completed the steps, the wizard will proceed to create a full backup of your system, including everything that is stored on the main drive, as well as the system reserved partition.

Robelene Win, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

File History, Image Backup

1. File History, Image Backup - Similar Threads - File History Image

2. File History backup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History backup?: If I move a file from folder A already backedup in file history to a USB PenDrive to folder B, will it show up in folder B in FileHistory in the next backup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-backup/2135cd57-4a9e-4e43-9fd9-d1bbff65e057
  3. File History backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History backup?: If I move a file from folder A already backedup in file history to a USB PenDrive to folder B, will it show up in folder B in FileHistory in the next backup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-backup/2135cd57-4a9e-4e43-9fd9-d1bbff65e057
  4. File History backup?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. backup, file history, and image file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup, file history, and image file: I want to backup my entire computer to an external hard drive. I want to add new files and programs to the external drive every so often, but the drive will remain disconnected from my computer. Microsoft answers gave three different ways to do so, but after looking at the...
  6. File history backup

File history backup: I am planning to upgrade my notebook. Ques is, I have my data saved as file history in an external drive. Will I be able to restore data into new notebook from this file history?...
  7. File history backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File history backup: Windows 10 v 2004.I notice when selecting Settings-Windows Update-Backup-the option to "add a drive" to back up using file history has been replaced with "Automatically back up my files"although not ON as default. How does this work to back up to a seperate drive? 158363
  8. File History for Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History for Backup: Are there any complete instructions how File History works and how one is to retrieve documents when needed. Also how to eliminate files when File History back up drive is full. Thanks.... RDH...
  9. File History vs System Image Backup

File History vs System Image Backup: Hi! I have a question regarding File History vs System Image Backup, that I haven't been able to find online unfortunately. System Image Backup is something that I understand can be scheduled to ones needs, daily, weekly or so forth, and can be done on specific folders...
  10. Backup file history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backup file history: How do I set up File History to back up to an external hard drive in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/backup-file-history/2809c456-e34a-47f9-93ab-ea6c9188fd03"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file history image backup