Windows 10: File History Interface Not Showing Backed Up Internal Drives?

Discus and support File History Interface Not Showing Backed Up Internal Drives? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I've been backing up my drives lately using File History to a new external hard drive I have, and it seems as if they're all being backed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lewjambla, Jun 14, 2020.

1. File History Interface Not Showing Backed Up Internal Drives?

File History Interface Not Showing Backed Up Internal Drives? UgXSeAcEw2TdjUXFJy8Fl_u7Zx5f-dl9YLBYU44EkEE.jpg

I've been backing up my drives lately using File History to a new external hard drive I have, and it seems as if they're all being backed up as the space is taken up on the external drive (and the files can be found by navigating into the drive), but the File History interface isn't showing the three highlighted drives, meaning I can't restore their files through File History? Does anyone know why they wouldn't be showing up despite having been backed up, and how to fix this? It just seems to be showing the backed up C Drive files, but none others. Thank you!

https://preview.redd.it/yu3ky0ey9z4...bp&s=598744b9ea1c2118a47c335053cff50a7d269c7c

submitted by /u/lewjambla
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lewjambla, Jun 14, 2020
  2. RonaldDad Win User

Win 10 File History "No Usable Drives Found", not able to select the Internal drive for File History.

Taking every step given here, made no difference. Researched elsewhere also with no success.

Windows would not "find" the drive for file history using the Windows 10 Settings interface. However, I stumbled upon the legacy interface in the Control Panel: Backup and Restore (Windows 7) while preparing a system repair disk. I clicked on file history
    and Windows found my internal backup drive.

Now file history is running.

In the meantime, I reinstalled AutoVer, the freeware program that does file versioning. I have used this program for years. It has saved the day many times, particularly with AutoCAD which has been prone to saving corrupted files.

Thanks for the counsel here!

Happy New Year,

Ron

RonaldDad, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Some Internal Drives Do Not Show Up for File History

We appreciate your response, John. Let us try to reconfigure your File History settings by following the steps below:

• Click Start and type File History; then, select File History.
    • If you get the message "No file history was found", click Configure File History settings.
    • Click Turn on under the File History is off frame. There, you can use File History to backup files and data again.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

File History Interface Not Showing Backed Up Internal Drives?

File History not working with internal backup drives.

Hi PeteComp,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I'll need a few more details to analyze your concern & provide an accurate solution:

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • How much space is left out on the back up drive?

This issue might occur if some system files are not working properly or
    if it doesn't have enough space to save temporary versions of your files. To continue saving copies of your files, you'll need to re add your File History drive and check.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1:
    1. Press Windows
      and R
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Services.msc and hit enter.
    3. Search for Software Protection, Volume Shadow Copy and Windows BackupDouble click on the service and select
      Automatic under start up type.

4. Click on Start, Apply and Ok.

5. Restart the computer and check if is working now.

Method 2:

1. Go to Control Panel
      > Click on System and Security>
      Click on File History > Turn off.
    2. Click on Settings >Go to Update & Security > select Backup on the left pane.
    3. On the right pane, select
      more options
      > Click on Stop using this drive.
    4. Delete the File History folder in your drive.

Note: Deleting File history back up will remove all the versions of the Files. Make sure you take the back up on the external drive, before deleting it.

5. Start using File History again.
    Try to setup the interval time, make some changes on the file and check if File history back up is working at the mentioned time.

Method 3: Try with External drive

You can connect the external drive and follow the procedure to setup the drive again. Here is the information about
    Backup and restore your files

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

File History Interface Not Showing Backed Up Internal Drives?

1. File History Interface Not Showing Backed Up Internal Drives? - Similar Threads - File History Interface

2. File history not showing "Files last backed up on..."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File history not showing "Files last backed up on...": Windows 10 file history, backing up to a SanDisk usb drive on my Router. File history is working, but the comment "files last backed up on..." has disappeared. It was there until about a week ago. Files are being backed up -- I can run it and check on the backup drive...
  3. Back up failing to internal drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up failing to internal drive: My back ups have stopped working on Windows 10. I get one of the 2 error messages 1. Your file history drive is disconnected it show its there 2. 0x80070020 It wont let me stop using the drive, if I try it gives 0x80070020 again! Any ideas? Y...
  4. File history back up.

File history back up.: Hi, when I back up file history to an external drive it does not save my picture library. I have used different drives but no pictures are saved. I do have a one drive account as well but would love to get my pictures on an external drive just in case. Any ideas? Cheers,...
  5. Back-up and File History

Back-up and File History: I use Windows 10 Back-up and I swap between 2 Passport Drives every month so as to put one at a time safely away from the PC. Trouble is, whenever I Add A Drive, the default settings are Back Up Hourly and Keep Forever. And to back up folders I never use like Saved Games and...
  6. Can File History back up network drives?

Can File History back up network drives?: Hello, can File History back up network drives? For example, I have a 1 TB USB drive connected to my home router, accessible by \\x.x.x.x\.... which I have mapped in Windows 10 as drive letter X. Thanks!...
  7. backing up files using File History to a flash drive

backing up files using File History to a flash drive: I have been using File History (Windows 10) to back up my files on a flash drive but am unable to verify that these files have in fact been backed up. They don't appear when I examine the contents of the flash drive using file explorer. I have not needed to recover any...
  8. File history/ Back-up

File history/ Back-up: I accidentally deleted my recovery partition and now I get an error saying check back-up settings. How can I re-install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-back-up/83dfd074-f1b6-4cfc-8d02-4e0945a155de
  9. File history - second internal hard drive

File history - second internal hard drive: I have a C drive and a D drive, both internal hard drives. File History is backing up the contents of the D drive, but when I go to the "Restore Files From a Current Backup" function, only the C drive files are shown. I can see from looking at the contents of the external...
  10. Internal drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal drive not showing up: The internal D: drive on my laptop isn't showing up anymore after downloading a game from steam and getting a disk corrupt error message every now and again. It doesn't show up on Disk Management or Command or anything. Do I just bring it to someone and get a new compatible...