Windows 10: file history is turned off and I cannot figure out how to turn it on. It says to connect...

Discus and support file history is turned off and I cannot figure out how to turn it on. It says to connect... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am not good with computers easier is better. How can I turn file history on when it is showing I have no drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nancyharris3, Jun 10, 2019.

1. file history is turned off and I cannot figure out how to turn it on. It says to connect...

I am not good with computers easier is better. How can I turn file history on when it is showing I have no drives

:)

nancyharris3, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Turn on File History in Windows 10

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you turn off File history then add the drive again.

To turn off File History, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start​ button, select Settings.
      Click Update & security.
    • Choose Backupand click More options.
    • See advanced settings, then click the Turn off button.
    Restart the system then turn back on File History and add the drive.

If the issue persist, run the System File Checker tool. System File Checker
    scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To run this tool, please refer to this
    link

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jun 10, 2019
  3. TiredofFH Win User
    Turn on File History in Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions.

The turn off button was greyed out and was unresponsive.

I had been advised to run the system file checker several time and found no problems.

In the meantime my machine has been returned to the suppler for a factory reset and is working again.

TiredofFH, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Jerry8AB Win User

file history is turned off and I cannot figure out how to turn it on. It says to connect...

File History - Does not turn off

Thanks again for your suggestion. Most of the items mentioned were mentioned in your previous post.

As I mentioned in my original post, File History shows history entries in my Task Schedule menu History listings even though I have turned it off. Now, I did notice one other entry in the History listing. The History listing said “Maintenance Mode.” So,
    I wonder if that mode reacts differently and rejects my File History Off and Task Schedule settings and lists File History listings under a different parameter. That may account for the history dates not agreeing with File History and Task Schedule dates.

Jerry

Jerry8AB, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

file history is turned off and I cannot figure out how to turn it on. It says to connect...

1. file history is turned off and I cannot figure out how to turn it on. It says to connect... - Similar Threads - file history turned

2. How to turn on File History ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to turn on File History ?: From the control panel : How to turn on File History ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-file-history/5412cd2b-5ce4-4558-ba2b-5c0f6a865dbf
  3. Screen savers, something is turning them off, can't figure it out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen savers, something is turning them off, can't figure it out: I'm running Win 10 x64 Pro version 2004: As long as I can remember I've been using screen savers without problems but, since installing this version no matter which screen saver I choose they only run once and then are turned off. I don't know why this keeps happening, I...
  4. Cannot turn on clipboard history

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot turn on clipboard history: The option in grayed out. Above it is "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization." I don't have an organization. This is my private desk top computer. How can I rid this red warning and turn on clipboard history?...
  5. History off how to turn it ON

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    History off how to turn it ON: simple solution to turning file history on so I can back up to cloud https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/history-off-how-to-turn-it-on/06d95968-eeea-4458-bdc5-68bc3592f331
  6. how to turn on file history

how to turn on file history: how to turn on file history. All my files were deleted after las windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-file-history/42b13248-9721-4299-9b97-eb212c0bbce7
  7. Cannot Figure Out How To Restore File History

Cannot Figure Out How To Restore File History: I used the Windows 10 File History function to save files on my desktop to a Flash Drive. That seemed to work ok I see my documents, pictures, favorites, …. are on the Flash Drive. But I can't figure out how to restore anything. When I enter Restore File History in the...
  8. File History Service is Grayed Out & Cannot Turn Back On

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Service is Grayed Out & Cannot Turn Back On: I have an issue with my laptop. 1) My File History Service is grayed out...Cannot turn back on. Here are my steps to attempt to turn on the File History Service. I typed services in the search box ---> then opened the service app ----> located File History Service --->...
  9. File history is greyed out and can't be turned on?

File history is greyed out and can't be turned on?: File history is greyed out and can't be turned on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-is-greyed-out-and-cant-be-turned-on/bc21da1e-e0dd-4871-b0f5-7b56b1501750"
  10. Turn On or Off File History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off File History in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off File History in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off File History in Windows 10 [img] Information File History was first introduced in Windows 8, and has been improved in Windows 10. You can use File History to automatically back up versions of...