Windows 10: File History needs fixed

Discus and support File History needs fixed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My file history quit backing up as for third party doing it thats wrong in my mind I don't have much to lose but if I was A small business what to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by UKchampbound, Nov 10, 2018.

1. File History needs fixed

My file history quit backing up as for third party doing it thats wrong in my mind

I don't have much to lose but if I was A small business what to do can't it be backed up buy A external drive

Just very frustrating to me I'm not A /P.C.\ person except here in the last nine month's since then I have learned alot even spell and my grammer is better and the pup's are all gone took awhile but gone.

Third party or antimalware had to be used now I need to do It again come on microsoft let's fix file history or at least let me know how to approach

about A hundred files that are reparse to my understanding can't be reparse but thats what it says

:)

UKchampbound, Nov 10, 2018
  2. #Jon# Win User

File History not backing up any files

Hello Victor

Thank you for the response. I had already checked that thread, but it hasn't helped me:

• The thread deals with Windows 8's implementation of File History, which is somewhat different to that of Windows 10.
    • Most of the thread deals with setting up File History (which I have already done, precisely following the recommended steps). The third link in the thread might have been useful since it appears to link to a page that deals with troubleshooting File History
      (as opposed to setting it up), but unfortunately the link is dead.
    Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#Jon#, Nov 10, 2018
  3. File History defaults vs what I want to save

Hi Jim,

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Is the computer connected to a Domain network?
    • From when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to try the steps in the following article which will help you to fix common File History issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-something-goes-wrong-file-history

(Applies to Windows 10)

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 10, 2018
  4. File History needs fixed

File History - Does not turn off

To assist you further, we suggest that you try to check on the link below:

Step by Step: File History

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

File History needs fixed

1. File History needs fixed - Similar Threads - File History needs

2. File History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History: I have Windows 11 and cannot find the previous Windows 10 setup page that allowed inclusion of desired files as well as the removal of those not needed by the user. All it appears to do is to save files chosen by the program, most of which I don't need and cannot erase. Can...
  3. File History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History: I have Windows 11 and cannot find the previous Windows 10 setup page that allowed inclusion of desired files as well as the removal of those not needed by the user. All it appears to do is to save files chosen by the program, most of which I don't need and cannot erase. Can...
  4. FILE HISTORY ELEMENT NOT FOUND . Is there a fix for this problem ??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FILE HISTORY ELEMENT NOT FOUND . Is there a fix for this problem ??: FILE HISTORY ELEMENT NOT FOUND . Is there a fix for this problem ?? I can't get file history to review and delete older file versions on win 10. It works perfectly on my wife's PC, even though running from outwards appearances. the same win 10 version. I've tried all the...
  5. File History - Save Until Space is Needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History - Save Until Space is Needed: I have File History set to backup every hour and save backups until space is needed. Backups go to a 2T external HD. When space is needed, is File History supposed to make space my overwriting the oldest items? What happens for me is that when space runs out on the...
  6. Fix file history

Fix file history: I posted recently asking for help to reconnect my file history. The answer I got failed. The dialogue box says it is an E: drive. I don't have an E: drive on Windows 10. What is going on? My PC is not backing up my files and it won't back up to the onedrive either. I'd...
  7. Fix for file history disconnection

Fix for file history disconnection: Hi, What software can I download to fix my file history? I keep getting pop-ups that say the file history is disconnected. I Googled the problem but the software that came up my security protection said was on a list of unsafe sites. Any ideas? Cheers Sue...
  8. how to fix file history disconnect error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to fix file history disconnect error: how to fix file history disconnect error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-file-history-disconnect-error/4f7bc96c-9f97-49be-b123-e2168132375e"
  9. File history until space is needed

File history until space is needed: I would like to know how file history handles the following case. File history, configured with Until space is needed, needs to delete one file to free up space on an external drive. Which file is deleted? File A, current version, 4/20/2019 File A, minus 1 version,...
  10. "Until space is needed" in File History does not work

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    "Until space is needed" in File History does not work: "Until space is needed" in File History is selected but does not work. There is now 0 space free in the external drive. I have repeatedly had this problem. By the way, I have seen Microsoft suggest running SFC and DISM to solve this problem. I have run those and they have...