Windows 10: File history on NAS after 1809

Discus and support File history on NAS after 1809 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have used File History backup to my NAS since using Windows 10 and it has always worked after I initially entered the NAS account details during File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by neilpzz, Jan 22, 2019.

1. neilpzz Win User

File history on NAS after 1809

I have used File History backup to my NAS since using Windows 10 and it has always worked after I initially entered the NAS account details during File History setup. After the update to v1809 windows asks for sign-in credentials at some point after starting the PC. I make sure "remember details" is checked but it seems to make no difference.

When I enter the sign-in details then windows is happy again and backups take place as usual until I shutdown and start up again.

I can see the credentials in Control Panel > Credential Manager.

Any ideas.

:)

neilpzz, Jan 22, 2019
  2. Capn10 Win User

File History Interferes with networked NAS file access

When I have Win10 File History backup turned on I can no longer listen to music or other media located on my NAS without interuptions. Access to the NAS directories and files slow down dramatically. This began sometime in the last couple months, presumably
    after one of the Win10 updates. The File History backups reside on my NAS, as do my media files. This is a ReadyNAS from Netgear. It has run well for years, including with File History in earlier Win10 versions as well as Win8. If I turn off the File History
    it will after several minutes resume normal operation. Turn File History back on and again it bogs down.

Capn10, Jan 22, 2019
  3. theking2 Win User
    Force File History from BitLocker device to NAS

After I enabled BitLocker on my C-Drive File History refuses to make backups to my NAS. The NAS is Linux based and apparently FH doesn't do backups from a BL-protected drive to a destination where it can't be sure if it is protected.

How do I force File History to backup to a NAS?

theking2, Jan 22, 2019
  4. #Jon# Win User

File History not backing up any files

Hello Victor

Thank you for the response. I had already checked that thread, but it hasn't helped me:

• The thread deals with Windows 8's implementation of File History, which is somewhat different to that of Windows 10.
    • Most of the thread deals with setting up File History (which I have already done, precisely following the recommended steps). The third link in the thread might have been useful since it appears to link to a page that deals with troubleshooting File History
      (as opposed to setting it up), but unfortunately the link is dead.
    Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#Jon#, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

1. File history on NAS after 1809 - Similar Threads - File history NAS

2. adding WSL home folder to file history to be backed up to NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding WSL home folder to file history to be backed up to NAS: I am using File History not Backup to back up my personal folders to my NAS. I would like to add my home folder of my WSL to the list of files to be backed up.Any suggestions?...
  3. adding WSL home folder to file history to be backed up to NAS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding WSL home folder to file history to be backed up to NAS: I am using File History not Backup to back up my personal folders to my NAS. I would like to add my home folder of my WSL to the list of files to be backed up.Any suggestions?...
  4. Moving files on a NAS

Moving files on a NAS: HelloWhenever I move a file from my NAS into another folder on that same NAS it throws me this messageIt's not prohibiting me from doing anything but it does get annoying, does anyone have any fixes?Thanks...
  5. Configuring a NAS and File History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Configuring a NAS and File History: I have a brand new NAS, I'm trying to configure File History in Win 10 to backup to my NAS automatically. In Explorer, I can see my NAS and all its file but when I try to select it as a backup location from File History, I get "You can't open this location using this location...
  6. Configuring a NAS and File History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configuring a NAS and File History: I have a brand new NAS, I'm trying to configure File History in Win 10 to backup to my NAS automatically. In Explorer, I can see my NAS and all its file but when I try to select it as a backup location from File History, I get "You can't open this location using this location...
  7. Configuring a NAS and File History

8. File History and backup to a NAS

File History and backup to a NAS: I have been trying to use file history in Windows 10 to back up to my NAS. It works to backup everything but the documents which it refuses to do unless an alteration has been made to the document. I have looked at other advice on the community pages and everything suggested...
  9. problems with Synology NAS on Windows 10 1809

problems with Synology NAS on Windows 10 1809: Below are my impressions on version 1809 on two different machines. Yesterday I upgraded to ver.1809 build 17763.292 and installed all updates. All seems to work well except for the connection with my Synology NAS. The disk station is has the latest update and is connected...
  10. Restoring File History after renaming "File History" folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring File History after renaming "File History" folder: New here and first time posting here so I apologize if Im in the wrong section. So I made a file back up onto a 2TB My Passport external hard drive using Windows 10 File History backup. I later renamed the folder to something other than the standard "FileHistory" windows...