Windows 10: File History recent troubles mystify

Discus and support File History recent troubles mystify in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Winver 2004 In recent months I have not needed to back up my files. Now I find I do, so proceeded with my 500 GB external drive the recipient. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by chipwood, Dec 16, 2020.

1. chipwood Win User

File History recent troubles mystify

Winver 2004
    In recent months I have not needed to back up my files. Now I find I do, so proceeded with my 500 GB external drive the recipient. What appeared were folders in excess of the drive's capacity and many more than should be. I removed the items from the drive, whee I did not recall a relative backup folder.

Now on C:\ I am unable to find the File History folder ( show hidden folders checked too), nor can I see how to chose the external drive for the backups. Help, please: I can't fathom what is going on.

:)

chipwood, Dec 16, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Recent File List

for the tweakers out there, In programs like Paint and Flash Stand Alone- is there a command that can be implemented into the registry to stop Recent File List History from displaying on the File Menu of such programs. Like a String, Key Etc? I like to keep my rig from prying eyes. I am using windows 7 pro 64bit.

eidairaman1, Dec 16, 2020
  4. File History recent troubles mystify

How to clear recent file history from apps in the taskbar?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to remove the recent history in the task bar.

• Right click on the icon list which you don’t want to display.
    • Choose remove from the list or unpin the icon accordingly and check if it helps.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

File History recent troubles mystify

1. File History recent troubles mystify - Similar Threads - File History recent

2. protection history no recent actions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    protection history no recent actions: hello, I have windows 10, for several months windows security protection history in says "no recent actions". Even when I have a PUP alert, or a folder access blocked notification that clearly requires my action.I have the following steps to no avail. can anyone please...
  3. protection history no recent actions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    protection history no recent actions: hello, I have windows 10, for several months windows security protection history in says "no recent actions". Even when I have a PUP alert, or a folder access blocked notification that clearly requires my action.I have the following steps to no avail. can anyone please...
  4. protection history no recent actions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to enable recent files/folders history for RemoteApps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable recent files/folders history for RemoteApps?: When working via classic Remote Desktop a user can see the history of recently accessed files and folders , for example, in File Explorer view. That is because Windows creates shortcuts in the Recent folder.However, when working with RemoteApps such shortcuts are simply not...
  6. How to enable recent files/folders history for RemoteApps?

How to enable recent files/folders history for RemoteApps?: When working via classic Remote Desktop a user can see the history of recently accessed files and folders , for example, in File Explorer view. That is because Windows creates shortcuts in the Recent folder.However, when working with RemoteApps such shortcuts are simply not...
  7. trouble with the most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble with the most recent update: my audio on my laptop has stopped working after having installed the latest update for windows 11, and I am very confused as to why it is not working as I have also tried many, many solutions in order to fix it. I also cannot go back to the previous version either nor can I...
  8. trouble with the most recent update

trouble with the most recent update: my audio on my laptop has stopped working after having installed the latest update for windows 11, and I am very confused as to why it is not working as I have also tried many, many solutions in order to fix it. I also cannot go back to the previous version either nor can I...
  9. No recent actions in protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No recent actions in protection history: I've had this problem for several months. At first it just showed no recent actions. But just now it prompted me for Reputation-based protection, and it still shows no recent actions when I click review to check. So, is there any way to solve this problem without reinstalling...
  10. Recent trouble moving and copying.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent trouble moving and copying.: As of a couple of weeks ago, I have been having trouble with files opening when I am trying to move or copy them. It doesn't happen every time, but keeps getting worse. I am using Windows 10 and I do have single click engaged, but this has not been a problem in the past. It...