Windows 10: File history - second internal hard drive

Discus and support File history - second internal hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a C drive and a D drive, both internal hard drives. File History is backing up the contents of the D drive, but when I go to the "Restore Files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TomCluster, Sep 9, 2018.

1. File history - second internal hard drive

I have a C drive and a D drive, both internal hard drives. File History is backing up the contents of the D drive, but when I go to the "Restore Files From a Current Backup" function, only the C drive files are shown. I can see from looking at the contents of the external hard drive that the D drive files are being backed up, but the restore function of File History doesn't seem to recognize that I'm backing up files from the D drive. What's wrong?

:)

TomCluster, Sep 9, 2018

2. Windows no longer recognizes second internal hard drive

Why is it both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 no longer recognize a second internal hard drive?

Previously in both my Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 PC’s, I had an internal second drive connected in each PC and both worked quite well. In the case of the Windows 8.1 PC, I used to use the second internal drive to do system image backups and the second
    internal hard drive in the Windows 10 PC as a File History drive.

But now, in both PC’s, the internal second drives are no longer being recognized. Both File History and System Image backup now only work when drives are connected externally.

If the second hard drives are connected internally, this error message comes up : "Operating system not found" on the Windows 8.1 PC and "no usable hard drives found" for File History on the Windows 10 PC.

Surely that should not be the case? What could be the cause?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

graham2014, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Unable to perform backup usinf File history as the hard drive is not getting detected.

I was using an internal Hard Drive to save my files with File history, but that drive got bad and try select another internal Hard Drive, and I do what is needed to change the drive. But not other of my Internal Hard Drive shows in the list. and I do have
    6 Hard Drives. Could you guy help me please.

Original title:File History

AndyRodriguez1987, Sep 9, 2018
  4. File history - second internal hard drive

File History Restore problem -- cannot restore files to second internal hard drive

Hello,

I have an Asus q534u 2 - in - 1 laptop that runs Windows 10 with two internal drives, an HDD and an SSD. I have been using File History to back up my files in the C (OS) drive and the D (Data) drive onto an external E (backup) drive. Recently I reformatted
    the Data drive and wished to restore the files that were previously on it (it was wiped). When I opened File History to restore those files, only folders and files from the C drive were listed. I went to check if the backups even existed on the backup drive.
    They do exist on the backup drive and their contents are correct, but all the file names have a timestamp in the file name, so I cannot simply copy them over to my Data drive. I tried searching for solutions on the internet, and the closest I found to a solution
    was this thread:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-update/file-history-restore-file-problem-cannot-restore/712ef64b-11bd-466c-acc3-8c4448196ba3
    , but it was never resolved.

My Data drive is currently formatted to ntfs. It was formatted ntfs when I did the backup also.

Is there a way to use File History to fix this?

If not, is there any other software that could restore these files?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Programmer--, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

File history - second internal hard drive

1. File history - second internal hard drive - Similar Threads - File history second

2. Second internal hard drive not appearing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second internal hard drive not appearing in Windows 10: I have a 500gb drive as my primary. I have installed a 1TB drive, from which I need to access data. It was formerly accessible on other another PC with Windows 10 installed. BIOS recognises that the drive is present. Upon entering Windows 10, however, I can find no...
  3. File management with two internal hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File management with two internal hard drives: My computer has two internal hard drives, a SSD for the operating system Windows 10 and a larger hard drive for storage of files. What is the best and safest way to change the location of the User Data Folders to the larger drive? Before buying this computer I was told it was...
  4. Internal Hard Drive Problem

Internal Hard Drive Problem: Hello, I am using ASUS X560UD with an internal hard drive. And sometimes when my battery is low about 30% the hard drive suddenly disconnects and it also happen randomly with a lot battery. Anyone have the solution? I have made the power plan to never disable hard drive and...
  5. Missing internal hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing internal hard drive: 1. I had my computer upgrade with my assure plan in the Microsoft store. We replaced the primary drive with a SSD hard drive and used the original internal 1 TB HD as the data drive. Recently my computer went through a windows 10 update and I lot the internal HD in my disk...
  6. Unable to acces second internal hard drive on Windows 10

Unable to acces second internal hard drive on Windows 10: My computer has a 1 TB second internal storage drive, and the 238 GB the main drive has been filled up with apps and games. I tried to go to storage settings and move my apps and games to the second drive, as well as redirect all future app downloads to the second drive, but...
  7. second internal hardrive (D) and file history

second internal hardrive (D) and file history: I reformatted drive d and now File history can't find the drive. I was able to do an image on the D drive somehow. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-internal-hardrive-d-and-file-history/a15a1aca-5cb4-4346-b4b8-c7cc33cbac25"
  8. Internal Hard Drive

Internal Hard Drive: I have an internal hard drive i got from my day that came out of his desk top. It has a lot of data on it i want to recover and put onto an external dar drive. I can see the drive when i run diskmgmt but cannot right click on it or browse files. I get this error with it "was...
  9. Can I wipe a second internal hard drive also?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I wipe a second internal hard drive also?: I'm donating my old PC, and it has two internal SSDs. If I choose Reset my PC, and choose Remove everything, will it wipe the second drive for me also? Or give me the option?...
  10. File History not working with internal backup drives.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History not working with internal backup drives.: I have been reading the MANY posts about File History not working. I have 4 different machines and have been trying to get it to work on each of them with no luck, including V 1809. I have started and set to Auto (Delayed Start) all of the services for Software Protection,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 file history internal drive

2. windows file history internal drive

3. windows file history to internal hard drive

4. file history to internal drive