Windows 10: File History vs System Image Backup

Discus and support File History vs System Image Backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I have a question regarding File History vs System Image Backup, that I haven't been able to find online unfortunately. System Image Backup is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sejust, May 1, 2019.

1. Sejust Win User

File History vs System Image Backup

Hi!

I have a question regarding File History vs System Image Backup, that I haven't been able to find online unfortunately.

System Image Backup is something that I understand can be scheduled to ones needs, daily, weekly or so forth, and can be done on specific folders such as the library alone.

File History however, seems to be able to do the same - though without the scheduling oportunity.

What are the differences between these 2, if one for example only would choose a specific library for the both?

If I run both simultaneously, will I have duplicates of the same folders (if they are the same?) - or is there a difference?

Hopes someone can help me with this! Thanks!

Best regards/

*****moved from Swedish*****

:)

Sejust, May 1, 2019

2. Does System Image Backup include a File History backup

Old title : File History and System Image Backup

What do I look for on my external hard drive to verify that:

1) File History backup was successful (date and size) and that it included all my Outlook files and

2) that my System Image Backup was successful (date and size)?

3) Does Sys Image Bkup include a File History bkup?

Thanks

RichardBoyerFL, May 1, 2019
  3. System images and backups.

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; if a copy of C drive on any external storage media/system partition cannot be used for system recovery purposes. You need to create System image backup using File history.

To create system image on Windows 10 follow the below methods.

• Type File history in the search area on the taskbar and select File history.

• Click on System image backup on the left bottom corner of the Window file history Window.

• Click on Create System Image on the left panel of the System Image backup windows.

• Select the driver, where you want to Create system Image.

• Follow on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 1, 2019
  4. File History vs System Image Backup

Backup using file history

Thanks Robeline

I was going by other advice and articles that suggest that backing up under Update and security/backup is now the way to go. I will try your suggestion.

Doug

DougWalsh1, May 1, 2019
Thema:

File History vs System Image Backup

1. File History vs System Image Backup - Similar Threads - File History System

2. file history, system image ,backup dropping hdd drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file history, system image ,backup dropping hdd drives: Hi, allanyone having a problem with backing up,, system image,, file history, ,, peed of with the same problem 3 updates in a row now, can sort it, but takes a while , roll backs dose work """ some time depends where you a on the builds """.. cant change drive where to back...
  3. file history, system image ,backup dropping hdd drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file history, system image ,backup dropping hdd drives: Hi, allanyone having a problem with backing up,, system image,, file history, ,, peed of with the same problem 3 updates in a row now, can sort it, but takes a while , roll backs dose work """ some time depends where you a on the builds """.. cant change drive where to back...
  4. System Image vs File Backup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Image vs File Backup?: Sorry if this is the wrong subreddit for this, but after fiddling around with the Windows File System backup and having it run into a bunch of issues, I finally decided to get the Macrium Reflect software. Now that I have easier access to making a system image though, I’m...
  5. backup, file history, and image file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup, file history, and image file: I want to backup my entire computer to an external hard drive. I want to add new files and programs to the external drive every so often, but the drive will remain disconnected from my computer. Microsoft answers gave three different ways to do so, but after looking at the...
  6. File History VS Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File History VS Backup and Restore: Hi. So I have this 2TB external hard drive which uses the USB type-C so I can leave it plugged in all the time. I've done all the system repair disc, restore point, system image and recovery drive. 1) can the same external drive be used for both file history and backup and...
  7. system image and file history

system image and file history: I have two computers running windows 10 can I store a system image and file history for each computer on a single portable hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-image-and-file-history/36443901-9026-456b-8717-e1b31ded2559
  8. File History, Image Backup

File History, Image Backup: File History image backup fails to complete as of last Windows update. However, Backup & Restore (Windows 7) image backup works correctly. As a result the backup is on the external hard drive, but I get Notifications on waking up the computer " Check your Backup". File...
  9. Backup vs history

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup vs history: I had bad experience with win 8.1 history back, it did not worked. Is the windows backup history reliable, or should I use windows 7 backup? Thanks 87287
  10. System Image and file history

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image and file history: I am backing up to a new seagate 1tb external drive. I mainly want to back up file history, which is turned on, but I think it is also doing a system image back up as a default. Taken about 4 hours and using more space than files and folders etc. Is this a once only system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system image Vs File history