Windows 10: file history will not back up onedrive files to external hard drive

Discus and support file history will not back up onedrive files to external hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; File history won't back up onedrive files to external hard drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaryLevine1, Oct 29, 2019.

1. file history will not back up onedrive files to external hard drive

File history won't back up onedrive files to external hard drive.

:)

MaryLevine1, Oct 29, 2019

2. How to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive?

I use the external drive
    for File History and have a lot of information there. I want to restart the File History process on a new drive and place the previous File History drive off-site.

Please suggest the steps to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive.

CindyRomero, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Oct 29, 2019
  4. file history will not back up onedrive files to external hard drive

Reconnect your File History Drive

Hi Amma,

You'll see the message Reconnect your File History drive if you have backed up your files using an external hard drive. However, you have the option not to reconnect your external hard drive if you do not want to use it as your back drive.

If you don't want to see the message again, please follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Go to System and Security.
    • Click on File History.
    • Select Turn Off.

If you want to back up your files again, you can simply reconnect the said hard drive and follow the steps provided on this
    link.

Hope this information helps you. In case you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Desiree Yau, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

file history will not back up onedrive files to external hard drive

1. file history will not back up onedrive files to external hard drive - Similar Threads - file history onedrive

2. File History will not back up files to my external drive. Error 8100002F.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History will not back up files to my external drive. Error 8100002F.: Hello,I am using Windows 10.At the beginning of January of this year 2024, I switched to a larger external drive to back up my files with File History, as I have successfully done for decades.From my first try to back up my files with File History, it backed up many folders...
  3. File History will not back up files to my external drive. Error 8100002F.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History will not back up files to my external drive. Error 8100002F.: Hello,I am using Windows 10.At the beginning of January of this year 2024, I switched to a larger external drive to back up my files with File History, as I have successfully done for decades.From my first try to back up my files with File History, it backed up many folders...
  4. File History will not back up files to my external drive. Error 8100002F.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder: Goal: Create a backup of all of my Documents onto an external hard drive.I've had some problems with OneDrive missing or overwriting revisions of Word and Excel documents I work with on my laptop. I am the only one who works on these files. I do a lot of Ctrl-S and Save As as...
  6. File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder: Goal: Create a backup of all of my Documents onto an external hard drive.I've had some problems with OneDrive missing or overwriting revisions of Word and Excel documents I work with on my laptop. I am the only one who works on these files. I do a lot of Ctrl-S and Save As as...
  7. File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder

8. File History not recognising external hard drive for backing up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File History not recognising external hard drive for backing up: HiI'm having issues with File History. It is turned off, and won't let me turn on. When I go through settings into update and security and into backup it says 'no usable drives found'. When I go through the Backup and Restore route, it says 'File History is off' and the...
  9. Backing up to OneDrive and External Hard Drive together.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backing up to OneDrive and External Hard Drive together.: Does anyone know how I can back up my important information like my edited photos from Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop as well as my important files to OneDrive and my external hard drive at the same time automatically? OneDrive already automatically backs up. But I don't want...
  10. Backing up one drive files to external hard drive

Backing up one drive files to external hard drive: For added security I like to back up my one drive files to an external hard drive. This may seem unnecessary but I like to have my files on my pc hard drive, the one drive cloud and another external hard drive. This is been working until recently when the backup app does not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you use file history to backup one drive files in windows 10