Windows 10: File History Windows 10 does not update new files

Discus and support File History Windows 10 does not update new files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello: I have HP Desktop i7 16GB 3TB HD. I Have updated to Win10 P64Bit 1903 To begin with, the main message on this screen is that File History is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 786Baraq, Jul 12, 2019.

1. 786Baraq Win User

File History Windows 10 does not update new files

Hello:

I have HP Desktop i7 16GB 3TB HD. I Have updated to Win10 P64Bit 1903

To begin with, the main message on this screen is that File History is off. So it might seem logical that the first thing that you should do is click the Turn On button. However, that is a mistake. When you do so, File History will immediately begin creating a new backup and you'll never get an opportunity to restore your existing backup. Not only this but

File History Windows 10 does not update new files 160e0338-19ea-48c9-9605-087449899bec?upload=true.png

I lost the switch which as shown below "I want to use a previous backup on this File History Drive"

File History Windows 10 does not update new files f7e5bc33-f83f-430d-80f7-cb2e4856ea53?upload=true.png

I have deleted the old backup completely and installed new back up. Once done I restarted File History, still this button "I want to use a previous backup on this File History Drive" does not show up.

Does any body knows how to enable this switch?

Thanks

:)

786Baraq, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

File History restart

Hi Jim,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

To change the backup drive for File History, the current process should be stopped. I suggest you to try the steps listed below to stop file history on an older drive and restart it on a new drive:

Change File History backup drive:

• Open Settings and navigate to Update & Security > Backup.
    • Click on More Options, scroll down to locate
      Backup to a different drive section, and choose Stop Using Drive.
    • Plug in the new storage drive, navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Backup,
      and choose Add a Drive.
    • Restart File History and configure it by referring to the article

File History in Windows

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2019
  4. File History Windows 10 does not update new files

How to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive?

I use the external drive
    for File History and have a lot of information there. I want to restart the File History process on a new drive and place the previous File History drive off-site.

Please suggest the steps to stop File History on the old drive and start File History on a new drive.

CindyRomero, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

File History Windows 10 does not update new files

1. File History Windows 10 does not update new files - Similar Threads - File History does

2. New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10: I have been using a 440GB SATA SSD drive to save the File History on Windows 10 but it's getting full, so I repurposed a 1TB M.2 Samsung 970 EVO drive to use instead this used to be my boot drive but I upgraded to a 2TB M.2 drive.When I go through the steps to replace the old...
  3. New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10: I have been using a 440GB SATA SSD drive to save the File History on Windows 10 but it's getting full, so I repurposed a 1TB M.2 Samsung 970 EVO drive to use instead this used to be my boot drive but I upgraded to a 2TB M.2 drive.When I go through the steps to replace the old...
  4. New drive not recognized by "File History" on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Restrict File History to new files and modifications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restrict File History to new files and modifications: Narrow question: I want to use the File History feature in W10 to back up History only newly created or modified files on an ongoing basis -- using the creation or modification dates. It appears that I cannot set up File History to work that way. Is that correct ? Broad...
  6. File History Does Not Work

File History Does Not Work: Hi, For the past few days, File History on my Windows 10 Home 20H2 has stopped working. In Settings, "Back up options" opens after a noticeable delay and displays the size of my back-up as zero bytes with the message' "Your data is not yet backed up". On clicking "Back...
  7. File History New Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File History New Computer: I have a my files backed up to a NAS drive from my old computer using File History. I then tried to restore the latest backup to my new computer using Restore. The new PC recognized the correct drive on the NAS and Its started perfectly but did not complete. When I...
  8. File History Windows 10

File History Windows 10: I have tried to enable File History on my Windows 10 PC. It does not backup anything! Does Microsoft still support this product? I can't find any information on Microsoft's support site....
  9. file history- problem restoring file history onto new laptop

file history- problem restoring file history onto new laptop: I have a file history created from a win8 laptop on a remote drive and want to ''restore'' this onto my new win 10 laptop. I'm currently signed in as the same user as per win 8. Opening "file history" and clicking, "I want to use a previous backup.....", displays this...
  10. On Windows 10 when does file history run?

in Windows 10 Support
    On Windows 10 when does file history run?: Hello, On Windows 10 when does file history run? I have file history turned on and I have "Save copies of files" set to daily. When does Windows determine that it is time to run? I know that it is daily but when? Looking at the backed up file, they appear to have made...