Windows 10: File History - Windows 10

Discus and support File History - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. File History is failing to backup files due to the fact that the file path being too long, but this is not a problem on my laptop - just when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by R.Shaw, Oct 7, 2019.

1. R.Shaw Win User

File History - Windows 10

Hello. File History is failing to backup files due to the fact that the file path being too long, but this is not a problem on my laptop - just when it backs up.

File History is adding about 4 or 5 directories to my external hard drive before it starts backing up the folders I identified requiring backup in Settings. This seems to be the reason for the file paths being too long.

Is there a way around this? Am I doing something wrong in identifying the folders I need backed up?

Thanks.

:)

R.Shaw, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 7, 2019
  3. #Jon# Win User
    File History not backing up any files

Hello Victor

Thank you for the response. I had already checked that thread, but it hasn't helped me:

• The thread deals with Windows 8's implementation of File History, which is somewhat different to that of Windows 10.
    • Most of the thread deals with setting up File History (which I have already done, precisely following the recommended steps). The third link in the thread might have been useful since it appears to link to a page that deals with troubleshooting File History
      (as opposed to setting it up), but unfortunately the link is dead.
    Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#Jon#, Oct 7, 2019
  4. GaryBetty Win User

How to reconnect file history drive? Windows 10

I cannot reconnect my file history file drive

GaryBetty, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

1. File History - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - File History

2. Windows File History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File History: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3447Is Windows File History just a "dumb" program?Does anyone know why Windows File History makes duplicate or triplicate entries of the same files? To me this is a waste of hard drive space. Only 1 copy of a file is needed....not two or three......
  3. Windows File History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File History: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3447Is Windows File History just a "dumb" program?Does anyone know why Windows File History makes duplicate or triplicate entries of the same files? To me this is a waste of hard drive space. Only 1 copy of a file is needed....not two or three......
  4. How can i delete the Win+r file history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i delete the Win+r file history: I have uploaded a picture to show the problem***** moved from german to english Community ***** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-the-winr-file-history/32fa9ba4-7be9-4776-939f-5a6a2d6b55e8
  5. Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History: Hi Windows Backup friends. File History sadly the hidden files which sometimes have the save files for games won't be included, does anyone know a 3rd-party app or a Command Prompt or Powershell command that will include the hidden files and folders when your use File History...
  6. Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History

Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History: Hi Windows Backup friends. File History sadly the hidden files which sometimes have the save files for games won't be included, does anyone know a 3rd-party app or a Command Prompt or Powershell command that will include the hidden files and folders when your use File History...
  7. firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file: I was trying to download an executable file from filen.io and when I click download the process happens on the page like as in MEGA download and my IDM didn't overtake it the problem happens halfway through the download Firefox shows a download complete message with zero byte...
  8. firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file: I was trying to download an executable file from filen.io and when I click download the process happens on the page like as in MEGA download and my IDM didn't overtake it the problem happens halfway through the download Firefox shows a download complete message with zero byte...
  9. firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file

10. Why I do not see in File history my last backup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why I do not see in File history my last backup?: Why I do not see in File history my last backup? The backup was completed and there is enough place on the disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-do-not-see-in-file-history-my-last-backup/59558eea-133d-42af-88a9-9770eb7a3d49