Windows 10: File Hover Card problems in Document Library

Discus and support File Hover Card problems in Document Library in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, When you hover over the file name for more than a few seconds, then move the cursor and hover back over it or try to open, everything disappears.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AnuJain_1205, Dec 5, 2018.

1. File Hover Card problems in Document Library

Hi,

When you hover over the file name for more than a few seconds, then move the cursor and hover back over it or try to open, everything disappears.

All preceding folders also then appear blank until you click on refresh webpage in the web address bar. This is happening with multiple documents in different folder under a document library.

Could you please help in resolving this?

Thanks

:)

AnuJain_1205, Dec 5, 2018
  2. JH80 Win User

Random files not showing up in Documents library

They are missing when you try and see them in the Documents library. I have the library sorted by Name -> Date Modified. This lets me see the most recently changed file in any of the multiple folders that are in the Documents library. If I navigate to the
    folder where they are saved then I can see them (but this defeats the purpose for me of having the library)

The problem files usually are in OneDrive (which I have as one of the folders in the Documents library).

The problem doesn't always occur, it's only sometimes and often the file will appear in the library 30 mins later. However, it's happened enough over the years to be frustrating enough for me to write these posts.

JH80, Dec 5, 2018
  3. mikebk Win User
    Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed

I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a SSD. I'm keeping many files on an external USB hard drive. I had included the external drive's Documents folder in my Documents library. The File Explorer displayed files and folders on both the internal SSD and the external drive in the Documents library folder. The Navigation pane displayed the folders from the external drive under the Documents icon in Quick Access, This PC and Libraries. Unfortunately, the laptop failed and it was returned with Windows 10 (version 1709) installed.

After I included the same external drive Documents folder in the Documents Library, File Explorer displayed the external drive folders under the Documents folder. It only displayed the folders on the C:\ drive in the Quick Access Documents library and the This PC libraries. I've spent hours using Google with no luck.

Here is what is shown when I click on the Documents icon in Quick Access:

File Hover Card problems in Document Library [​IMG]

Here's what I see when I click on the Documents icon under Libraries:

Manage Libraries shows that the folder has been incuded

Does anyone have a suggestion that might allow folders to be displayed under the Documents icons?

Thanks

Mike

mikebk, Dec 5, 2018
  4. File Hover Card problems in Document Library

Library, Documents listed twice

In Windows Explorer, Library has Documents and others listed. When Document is expanded there are two occurrences of Documents. How do I remove one of them?

DRSteele Calgary, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

File Hover Card problems in Document Library

1. File Hover Card problems in Document Library - Similar Threads - File Hover Card

2. Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents: My clients new Dell Inspiron uses Windows 11 Version 22H2.During setup, OneDrive was disabled in Startup as well as "Unlink this PC" and "Unlink account" in Settings.As mentioned, files copied directly to the Documents library also now appear in the OneDrive Documents...
  3. Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents: My clients new Dell Inspiron uses Windows 11 Version 22H2.During setup, OneDrive was disabled in Startup as well as "Unlink this PC" and "Unlink account" in Settings.As mentioned, files copied directly to the Documents library also now appear in the OneDrive Documents...
  4. File problems on an SD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File problems on an SD card: I have an SD card that has backup files of JPG, XLS, and DOC files which now appears corrupted.Windows 10I ran chkdsk on the drive and got the following results. Apparently, the data is still there, but I can't get to the files. Is there a way to recover the lost data to a...
  5. File problems on an SD card

File problems on an SD card: I have an SD card that has backup files of JPG, XLS, and DOC files which now appears corrupted.Windows 10I ran chkdsk on the drive and got the following results. Apparently, the data is still there, but I can't get to the files. Is there a way to recover the lost data to a...
  6. Problems with Files in Documents Folder

Problems with Files in Documents Folder: I have noticed that in my Documents folder some of the files have an "X" over the icon. This may be indicating some files that I have not opened in a while or that are older. I attempted to open a Word document with the "X" and I am not allowed to open it.Is this a feature of...
  7. Problems with Files in Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with Files in Documents Folder: I have noticed that in my Documents folder some of the files have an "X" over the icon. This may be indicating some files that I have not opened in a while or that are older. I attempted to open a Word document with the "X" and I am not allowed to open it.Is this a feature of...
  8. Problems with Files in Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. All files on Document library encrypted with .vvoa and .vyb extension

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    All files on Document library encrypted with .vvoa and .vyb extension: Greetings, I have been recently infected by the STOP virus and all of my critical buisness documents is encrypted by it and there was a document asking for ransom like the picture below and i have tried the decrypt tool and i have a online key please help![ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Documents Library - Lost Contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Library - Lost Contents: Hi all. First time over in the 10 Forums, but an old time member of the 7 Forum *chuckle I'm trying to work out a concern today, that's frankly driving me nuts. I installed the latest Creators Update a couple of days ago, and noticed this today, so I'm assuming its...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file hover card