Windows 10: File icon exisits even after deletion and file copied on to folder but it wont visible...

Discus and support File icon exisits even after deletion and file copied on to folder but it wont visible... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Its been long time this problem persists, I am using Win 10 - 1803 - 17134-590 Problem 1: When I am deleting some file or folder any where in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Paddy-ARW, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Paddy-ARW Win User

File icon exisits even after deletion and file copied on to folder but it wont visible...

Hi,

Its been long time this problem persists,

I am using Win 10 - 1803 - 17134-590

Problem 1:

When I am deleting some file or folder any where in "This PC" the file/folder's icon still exists (looks like file not deleted at all)

but when I try to double click it, system shows there is no file,

Problem 2:

Like above, if i copy paste files/folders on any location on PC, after copy files/folders doesnt show.

for all above 2 problems I need to use manually F5 and refresh to see update .

Please advice solution for this.

some times even blank icons shows in start menu, that will automatically comes after few min, and again disappears.

Regards

Padmanabham Hamsa

Arrow Electronics

:)

Paddy-ARW, Mar 18, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Mar 18, 2019
  4. temp02 Win User

File icon exisits even after deletion and file copied on to folder but it wont visible...

Can I delete this unknown file safely?

Well then simply erase (Shift + Del) the $RECYCLE.BIN folder of that drive, I just find it odd that Windows doesn't pick up the drive's recycle bin when you connect it.
    And yes it's completely safe to delete the whole $RECYCLE.BIN folder, it wont affect any of the other files/folders on the drive, and whenever you delete (Del) another file it will be re-created.

temp02, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

1. File icon exisits even after deletion and file copied on to folder but it wont visible... - Similar Threads - File icon exisits

2. The File/Folder icon is still visible on the screen after deleting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The File/Folder icon is still visible on the screen after deleting: Hello Everybody,In my Windows 10 Home Edition, Today I found that even after deleting any file/folder, it still appears on the screen.I have to refresh the screen every time after which the file/folder icon disappears.Current OS build: 19042.1415Version 20H2 KB5008212Thanks &...
  3. The File/Folder icon is still visible on the screen after deleting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The File/Folder icon is still visible on the screen after deleting: Hello Everybody,In my Windows 10 Home Edition, Today I found that even after deleting any file/folder, it still appears on the screen.I have to refresh the screen every time after which the file/folder icon disappears.Thanks & Regards,Hemant Menaria...
  4. The File/Folder icon is still visible on the screen after deleting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The File/Folder icon is still visible on the screen after deleting: Hello Everybody,In my Windows 10 Home Edition, Today I found that even after deleting any file/folder, it still appears on the screen.I have to refresh the screen every time after which the file/folder icon disappears.Thanks & Regards,Hemant Menaria...
  5. Files not Visible in Downloads Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files not Visible in Downloads Folder: Since upgrading to Windows 11 I have not been able to see any files in my Downloads folder through an explorer window, both through the 'Downloads' shortcut and through C:\Users\username\Downloads. The Downloads 'shortcut' points to the correct folder, and the same issue is...
  6. all icons disappered, only text visible, not even in files

in Windows 10 Customization
    all icons disappered, only text visible, not even in files: ive been using this computer for a year everything was fine until I started customizing my desktop. i messed around with stuff until I got to here:no shortcut icons, no powershell admin icons, custom app icons, and invisible names. taskbar icons are the weird icons.a bit of...
  7. Shared Folders visible, Shared Files not visible

Shared Folders visible, Shared Files not visible: Running Windows 10 Pro, 2004 on the host machine I have a problem with shared files not showing on any remote devices. Shared folders and subfolders are visible, but the files within the folders cannot be seen on other Win 10 machines, with Android and other devices...
  8. Cannot copy files to WindowsApps folder even after taking Ownership of the folder

Cannot copy files to WindowsApps folder even after taking Ownership of the folder: I have been trying to copy gamepad emulator files to Forza Horizon 4 folder in windowsapps folder. I took ownership of the folder and giver full control. Even then It shows the error shown in the screenshot below. [ATTACH]...
  9. push notification file not exisiting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    push notification file not exisiting: help me..i have encountering issue os window updates not getting installed.. so i tryed to fix in many ways. only one way is lest that is from registry editor the path is Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\push notifications but...
  10. All files/folders not visible

All files/folders not visible: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Pro with latest update. I am using an external drive of 2TB with three partitions there. One partition has one folder where I keep all my DSLR photos. I have approx 20,630 files and few folders inside but when going inside this folder, it shows me...