Windows 10: File icons changed and cant access settings

Discus and support File icons changed and cant access settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I updated my system recently and I've discovered two things: The icons for file types like ZIP and ISO have changed and I want them how they were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Arag0ld, Jun 4, 2020.

1. File icons changed and cant access settings

I updated my system recently and I've discovered two things:

1. The icons for file types like ZIP and ISO have changed and I want them how they were before
    2. I can't open my settings at all; clicking the settings when searched for does nothing.

Does anyone have a solution to these problems?

submitted by /u/Arag0ld
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Arag0ld, Jun 4, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 4, 2020
  3. tehfusion Win User
    Realmware BF4 Settings Editor.

Realmware BF4 Settings Editor 0.91

We have just released a hotfix for the preview version of our BF4 Settings Editor. As said in the posts above, DICE silently released a patch for the Battlefield 4 Beta, which changed the location of the settings files, breaking BF4 Settings Editor in the process. This hotfix resolves the issue, while also including a few other fixes and improvements. Be sure to update to the latest version!

Here is the full list of changes for this version.

Features:

• DICE silently released a patch which changed the location of the Battlefield 4 Beta settings files. BF4 Settings Editor now looks for the settings in the new location.
    • Fixed a bug where changing the system tray icon options would not properly update the icon's visibility.
    Fixes:

• DICE silently released a patch which changed the location of the Battlefield 4 Beta settings files. BF4 Settings Editor now looks for the settings in the new location.
    • Fixed a bug where changing the system tray icon options would not properly update the icon's visibility.
    Improvements:

• Added a tooltip to the system tray icon.
    • Improved the tooltip for the horizontal field of view setting.
    • Improved the tooltip for the stereo mode setting.

tehfusion, Jun 4, 2020
  4. d2thomas Win User

File icons changed and cant access settings

Desktop Icon Color Change - Accessibility Option

Hello tenforums, I hope you can help.

A friend of mine who recently upgraded to Windows 10 is legally blind and is struggling with some accessibility options. Here is what we are struggling with: We need to change the font color of desktop icons to black. Certain contrasts are more visible for some impairments and in this case, a yellow background with black bold icon text is the best condition.

What I've tried:
    • Tried high contrast theme / mode
    • Tried to modify regedit based on a suggestion for 8.1 here.

Where I've looked:
    • Control Panel - System - Advanced System Settings - Advanced - Performance
    • Personalize - Change Desktop Icons
    • Personalize - Colors
    • Control Panel - Personalization
    • Display Settings
    • Themes - Theme Settings

I was able to get the text black when using the white high contrast mode, but that option won't work. While it does change the icon text to black, it also takes over many other options that deliver a less than desirable contrast for the user. We originally were thinking we could start with the high contrast theme, save as another theme and then systematically roll back the changes we didn't like, leaving the black text. Does not work - when in high contrast mode it effectively locks out your ability to make certain changes.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

d2thomas, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

File icons changed and cant access settings

1. File icons changed and cant access settings - Similar Threads - File icons changed

2. Cant change security settings without access to recovery email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change security settings without access to recovery email: I have a main outlook account which i have access to with email and password. This account is associated to a recovery email. Which is an old hotmail account of mine. This recovery email is the only way to verify my identity, no phone, no 2fa. I do not have access to this old...
  3. Cant change security settings without access to recovery email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change security settings without access to recovery email: I have a main outlook account which i have access to with email and password. This account is associated to a recovery email. Which is an old hotmail account of mine. This recovery email is the only way to verify my identity, no phone, no 2fa. I do not have access to this old...
  4. Cant access account settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access account settings: Hi,I am running Windows 11 and when I try access the account setting screen it says ' its not you its us, something went wrong our end' i was wondering if there is any way around this as it has been like this a while and doesn't seem to be changing, I have done all the...
  5. Cant access account settings

Cant access account settings: Hi,I am running Windows 11 and when I try access the account setting screen it says ' its not you its us, something went wrong our end' i was wondering if there is any way around this as it has been like this a while and doesn't seem to be changing, I have done all the...
  6. Cant access account settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. cant change file explorer icon. on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant change file explorer icon. on the taskbar: remember when i had a problem with error icons?well now i have a completely new problem!i cant change the explorer icon on the taskbar. change it back to normal10/10 Windows 11 qualityagain, anything ill take thats not reseting my pcSpecs: Surface Go 2Intel Pentium4 GB of...
  8. cant change file explorer icon. on the taskbar

cant change file explorer icon. on the taskbar: remember when i had a problem with error icons?well now i have a completely new problem!i cant change the explorer icon on the taskbar. change it back to normal10/10 Windows 11 qualityagain, anything ill take thats not reseting my pcSpecs: Surface Go 2Intel Pentium4 GB of...
  9. I can't access "change desktop icon settings"

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't access "change desktop icon settings": Every time I click on desktop icon settings this pops up. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-change-desktop-icon-settings/71fe899d-787a-48cb-aaaa-ee14bf02dc3a
  10. Cant access settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant access settings: My dad has just upgraded to windows 10 and is having a couple mof issues the first is that he cant access the settings. He presses it via the start>settings but it just flashes up then goes off. Hes tried the Windows key + i same thing happens Also via windows...