Windows 10: File in explorer can't be found to delete

Discus and support File in explorer can't be found to delete in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a really bizarre problem with a file that I can't open, delete, rename, or move. I basically can't touch it. I believe the file was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by krusherkid, Jan 31, 2018.

1. File in explorer can't be found to delete

Hi all,

I have a really bizarre problem with a file that I can't open, delete, rename, or move. I basically can't touch it. I believe the file was created by our Aperture Card scanning software and that it was supposed to be a scan. Said software may have somehow created it with characters not allowed by windows in file names - it was set to auto name each scan based on the Hollerith Code one each card, some of which contained backslashes of all things. It was quite frustrating. Anyway, any clue how I can get this file gone? I've tried del in command prompt as well as Malware-bytes File Assassin.

Thanks in advance.

File in explorer can't be found to delete [​IMG]

:)

krusherkid, Jan 31, 2018

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jan 31, 2018
  3. how to find recently deleted files?

how are recently deleted files in File Explorer found? Thought I saw this option but can't seem to locate it again...

Rob'tBlack, Jan 31, 2018
  4. File in explorer can't be found to delete

Looks like maybe NTFS file system is corrupted we can repair it with chkdsk command.

Open the Command Prompt by typing cmd.exe into Start Menu, right-click on Cmd.exe, and open it as an administrator.

Please execute following command:

Code: Chkdsk L: /f[/quote]

FreeBooter, Jan 31, 2018
  5. PolarNettles, Jan 31, 2018
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Or boot with (any-kind of) linux live and delete, what you have to...

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

File in explorer can't be found to delete

1. File in explorer can't be found to delete - Similar Threads - File explorer can't

2. File Not Found - Cannot Be Deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Not Found - Cannot Be Deleted: I was trying to upload a picture directly to Website, but it wouldn't due to 'file not supported,' so I tried taking a screen shot and saving to my desktop through 'Paint' which still didn't work, but somehow the picture can now neither be opened nor deleted.How do I get rid...
  3. File Not Found - Cannot Be Deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Not Found - Cannot Be Deleted: I was trying to upload a picture directly to Website, but it wouldn't due to 'file not supported,' so I tried taking a screen shot and saving to my desktop through 'Paint' which still didn't work, but somehow the picture can now neither be opened nor deleted.How do I get rid...
  4. File Not Found - Cannot Be Deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't delete or remove a "Folder entry" in "File Explorer"

Can't delete or remove a "Folder entry" in "File Explorer": I have around 40 identical looking entries in my "File Explorer" which I can not remove or delete. These entries appear in the File Explorer list between: - Quick Access and - OneDrive I have tried to "delete or remove" the "icons" but can't find a way of doing it. If...
  6. CAN'T DELETE FILES IN FILE EXPLORER SAYS "NO LONGER LOCATED IN"

CAN'T DELETE FILES IN FILE EXPLORER SAYS "NO LONGER LOCATED IN": These files/pictures came on my new computer, NOT MINE. Can't delete. Says "no longer located in". What is this? I didn't ask for all these files clogging my computer....
  7. Delete a file in file explorer.

Delete a file in file explorer.: What setting do I not have correct. I simply want to delete a file that is incorrect. I tried to replace it with a corrected version, but now I have two files with the same name and cannot select the correct one. And when I right click, or simply select delete, nothing...
  8. Cannot delete a folder from File Explorer because it cannot be found

Cannot delete a folder from File Explorer because it cannot be found: I cannot delete my old school's OneDrive for Business folder because I completely uninstalled the OneDrive for Business Application. Now every time on startup and at random times I receive a pop up telling me the Synced Folder cannot be found. I have tried to find the...
  9. Can't delete file in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete file in file explorer: I have a memory card in my phone that allows me to move large picture files to my laptop. Once in file explorer, it only allows me to copy and paste the files onto my laptop. The "cut" and "delete" options are grayed out. This memory card is quickly filling up b/c I am...
  10. Can't delete certain files in "file explorer" (screenshot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete certain files in "file explorer" (screenshot): I can't get rid of these files , they are leftovers from deleting backups . Anyone know how to delete these? The second screenshot is the message i get . Thanks 22370

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file in windows explorer wont delete cant be found