Windows 10: File in $RECYCLE.BIN not showing in the Recycle bin

Discus and support File in $RECYCLE.BIN not showing in the Recycle bin in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a disk that is full, I deleted file and emptied the recycle bin and it is still full. Using windirstat, I can see there is 1.6G in $RECYCLE.BIN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GuillaumeCoté, May 22, 2019.

1. File in $RECYCLE.BIN not showing in the Recycle bin

I have a disk that is full, I deleted file and emptied the recycle bin and it is still full. Using windirstat, I can see there is 1.6G in $RECYCLE.BIN :

File in $RECYCLE.BIN not showing in the Recycle bin 4201ebce-006e-4d3f-a43a-5dfb047ce6d6?upload=true.jpg

But when I go to the Recycle bin, it shows as Empty :

File in $RECYCLE.BIN not showing in the Recycle bin f02881e0-6dc8-4523-af3a-fc67dee978c6?upload=true.jpg

How could I retrieve the space associated with the file I deleted?

:)

GuillaumeCoté, May 22, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, May 22, 2019
  3. Recycle Bin gone

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed response.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the help article below to show the recycle bin in the desktop and check if it helps.

Show or hide the Recycle Bin

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 22, 2019
  4. File in $RECYCLE.BIN not showing in the Recycle bin

Temporary files shows recycle bin has 4GB in it, but actual recycle bin is empty

If you refer to my original post, I did not say that my recycle bin is empty. I stated that my recycle bin has over 4GB in it:

"When I go to the storage on my device and look under temporary files, it shows my recycle bin having 4.84GB in it. However, when I open the recycle bin there are no items in it."

My storage shows that there is over 4GB in my recycle bin, but there are no files in the recycle bin when I open it. I have already tried everything you have suggested and they do not fix the problem.

Jennifer_838, May 22, 2019
Thema:

File in $RECYCLE.BIN not showing in the Recycle bin

1. File in $RECYCLE.BIN not showing in the Recycle bin - Similar Threads - File $RECYCLE BIN

2. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin: Today I deleted two small files and when I went to the Recycle Bin to dispose of them there were 97 other items in the Bin. They were all dated today, designated as “Shortcuts” and their path of origin was C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft. Included in these items was an...
  3. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recycle bin: How do I empty the recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-bin/60ff5702-c2ed-495c-853a-ccf80d2af5cb
  4. recycle bin

recycle bin: I followed the instructions for showing recycle bin on my desktop, the box next to "recycle bin" is checked in my desktop settings menu, but there is no recycle bin on my desktop. I searched "recycle bin" in "my computer" folder and in my user folder, and it cannot be found....
  5. $recycle bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    $recycle bin: If I uncheck show hidden protected operating system, the $recycle bin is seen. Is it safe to delete inside $recycle bin file? Its my first time and i don't know its safe or not....
  6. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin: I can not find the recycle bin on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/915eb735-58dc-40c8-b42f-492b1f9e5cd4
  7. Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin: My deleted files are "always permanently deleted". the option to send files to recycle bin is greyed out. I prefer to have the files go to the recycle bin, but I can never do this....
  8. recycle bin

recycle bin: My recycle bin is gone I have tried going to personalization still no recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/d0b32fab-3259-4323-92e9-b49ecdd6f9f5
  9. Recycle bin

Recycle bin: My recycle bin has gone form the desktop. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/1ecc9392-6e4d-452d-90f8-be9108c77f6e
  10. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin: Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop the bin showed empty. 5635